Chapter 27

Chapter 27
1:0

18 minutes before live broadcast. I returned to my waiting room. There was only Torai inside, and while on the phone, he saw me and hung up.

"Where did everyone go?"

"To find you."

Torai answered and looked at me silently.

"What's up?"

"I mean, Jung Eui-cheol. That bastard is a pathetic guy who didn't even deserve revenge."

Chae Do sang is young and childish, so I would say that. But this punk was absurd. The level was so low that it was a waste to be angry. How can it be that low? I sat down in my chair and told the story Shin PD had told me.

"I think I'm going to lose this match. There is no other way than to create 10 new problems in 18 minutes and replace them."

Even if it was made, Shin PD would not accept it. The thought of losing before the start made me feel dirty. But looking at Torai, it changed. The guy was smiling.

"Why are you laughing?"

"It's surprising that you thought about your own method. You don't want to lose like that?"

I didn't like it. I didn't like the hard work so far, and I didn't want my opponent to win in a negative way before the proper match. I really hated it. I was so full of anger that I wanted to go to the waiting room of Chae Do sang right away, overturn him, and beat him all down. It's just because it's unfamiliar to me to be patient. It was unfamiliar for me to be absorbed in something and explode my emotions. It had nothing to do with the past or guilt.

"Even if we change the problem, Shin PD cannot accept it now."

When I changed the topic, Torai asked again.

"You want to win?"

"Yes."

"I'll make you win.

"How would you do that?"

"As per our original strategy. You will win 1-0."

But that one has all my answers? I hesitated.

"Do you think Shin PD didn't give you answers over there?"

"No. I passed it. Shin PD told me on the phone before you came in."

I think he called Torai directly to ask for money. Did you try to make a final bargain before handing over to Chae Do sang's side?

"Exactly, you didn't pass it all. You just passed the problem you made."

"It's still eight problems. But how do I win 1:0?"

"You have to make it that way."

"How?"

"No 1 and 3 are my questions, so they don't know the answers to those. From the second question, you can change the questions at will so that they can't solve it."

Change the problem? The second problem was the four-character idiom. Like water flowing in a mountain valley, it means that greed constantly arises... Wait. If I explain it well, so that it doesn't match it? Or is it deliberately inconsistent? Something came to mind. Not sure if it will work or not, but it was worth a try.

"You say that number 2 will be resolved? What about after number 4?"

"Reorder the problems:"

"What ?-"

"Before the moderator speaks the topic of number 4, you read the question first. It's any problem other than number 4. He'll say the answer to number 4 that he memorised originally without noticing the temperature, and that's it."