1| Betrayal

In the occupied streets of Prayagraj, an Audi got stuck in the traffic

In the occupied streets of Prayagraj, an Audi got stuck in the traffic. The driver kept blowing the horn senselessly, but no one cared.

Aur kyu karenge care, Allahabad hai wo bhaiya kauno majak nai na

(And why would they care? That's Allahabad and everyone has swag there)

The window of its driver seat slid down slowly, and a hand came out of it, holding a revolver. The hand pointed the revolver upwards and three gunshots were heard, one after the other.

Everyone got terrified and people started fidgeting here and there. The gate on the driver's side opened and a tall, moderately lean, young and masculine man stepped out.

"Jab Jaswant Singh Thakur aur unke bete Illahabad ki sadko se gujre na tab rasta nahi roka karte. Is baar bas bhaukal ke liye bajaye hai, agli baar uda denge sabko."

"When Jaswant Singh Thakur or his sons travel on the roads of Allahabad, then no one should dare to block their ways. This time the shots were fired just to scare everyone, but next time people will be killed."

He retired back to the car and started driving at a faster pace. The man who had shot guns was none other than Jairaj Singh Thakur and the man on the passenger seat was his elder brother, Balraj Singh Thakur.

They drove to Allahabad University, where they were invited as chief guests for the pre election program. The Thakurs had political backgrounds and everyone was influenced, and scared by them. Their terror was prominent in the entire state.

They got their car parked and stepped out of the car. Both the brothers adjusted their blazers, and Balraj raked his fingers through his hair while walking, when he stumbled upon someone, and got startled by this sudden effect.

He saw a girl, who crouched on the ground, collecting her scattered books, which had fallen after colliding with him.

The girl's hair was open and she had put a butterfly hairpin at the back. She was wearing a sky blue kurta and pants of same color with a dupatta that was covering her bosoms properly.

He sat down to help her out, in picking up the books, and she stole a glance of him.

"Apse dekh ke nahi chala jata hai kya? Ameer baap ki bigdi aulad."

"Can't you see while walking? Spoilt brats of rich dads!"

She exclaimed and Balraj's eyes widened. There were two reasons behind his reaction; one was that nobody could speak in this tone with the Thakurs, and the second reason was, that he was whipped by her enchanting face and her mellifluous voice at that moment itself.

She had bluish grey orbs, pinkish tinge on her cheeks, full plumpy lips, long slender nose that was pointed at the end that was adorned with a lotus nose pin.