12| Her Insecurities

"Dil par goli chala hi chuke hai aap saalo pehle, ab jism par bhi chala dijiye

"Dil par goli chala hi chuke hai aap saalo pehle, ab jism par bhi chala dijiye."

"You've already hurt my heart years ago, now harm my body too."

Preeti chiaked him in teasing melancholic voice, curling her fingers around the front body of his pistol, making him gasp.

I didn't know what the hell was happening between them. It felt like their eyes were talking, and suddenly someone grabbed my bicep to pull me away from that scene.

"How dare you?"

As expected, he was thakur saheb groaning at me.

"I am not happy with this marriage, and I don't want to continue this. I don't want to become my sister's substitute."

I grumbled, ducking my eyes down since I didn't want to utter these words. Somewhere I was falling for him, but Preeti was right. I cannot continue a forced marriage.

"You aren't a substitute, my babygirl. You have no idea what you are becoming for me."

He grunted in his heavy threatening voice, taking a step towards me. I gulped in fear when my gaze fell on Preeti, who was being dragged by Jairaj, but the SP came in between them.

What the hell are they all doing? And what is thakur saheb feeling for me?

"Babygirl, say something. See if we cannot make it out, I'll leave you forever, but please give our relationship a chance."

He implored in a soothing voice, and I gained some strength to cast a glance at him.

"Enough of it, thakur saheb. Since childhood I've been facing this problem. My father always admired Niharika di more than me. She was prettier, taller and more confident than me. I was just a puppet who was expected to learn from her. I was given everything that she considered unusable anymore, and now I've been given her ex boyfriend as my husband by the destiny."

I didn't know how I was able to speak this much, but his eyes deepened listening to my words.

"Babygirl! You are not a substitute."

He muttered, his curled index finger placed below my chin.

"She used to bully me in the school."

I sniffed, a lone tear slipped off my eyes.

"Priye! I don't know what all you've suffered because of her, but I will certainly not contribute in that. You want to go back. I'll take you back to your father. We'll head to Banaras tomorrow, and you are free from this relationship now."

He declared, making everyone gaze at him all of a sudden. My heart sank deeper listening to his words. No! I want to stay with him, but I don't want to be submissive towards my kidnapper. Why the hell am I going through all this, Mahadev?