17| Actual Reason

It took us a few minutes to reach the secret godown of Varanasi

It took us a few minutes to reach the secret godown of Varanasi. Jairaj had driven at the fastest speed possible, making sure that the thar does not fly off.

Gagging sounds were audible to us and we rushed inside. Two policemen were lying on the floor, one with a broken nose, and the other struggling with a bleeding elbow.

The third one was begging Dhanraj with adjoined hands, and Dhanraj was garroting an unknown man, brutally.

"Dhanu, leave him." I bawled at him, making him flinch a little. He jostled the man on the ground.

Flaring angrily, he scowled.

"Kaise thanedar hai aap log. Hamare bhaiya nahi sambhale gaye apse?"

"What kind of policemen are you? Couldn't even handle my brother?"

Jairaj uttered, smirking at them, and I smacked his back.

"Arjun, what's wrong with this man?"

I enquired the superintendent of police regarding the strange man, whom he was tying to the chair, in his partially conscious state, as Dhanraj had just choked him grievously.

"We have found out his name correctly. He is Ashraf Qureshi, probably hailing from Pakistan. The articles and gadgets retrieved from him are suspicious, seems as if they are planning a serial blast in the city."

He apprised and I nodded

"By any chance, is he related to the Khans?"

Jairaj interrogated, and Arjun gave us a jumbled look.

"He was apprehended from their vehicle, so maybe yes."

"I TOLD YOU, BHAIYA!" Jairaj yelped, giving me a 'I knew it' look.

"I don't think Amjad is aware of all this." Dhanraj interrupted, and we scrutinized his bobbled condition.

"Is Ragini aware of all this? How will she react seeing you like this?" I entreated, anguish discernible in my words.

"Pardon, Bhaiya! But it was about the city, the common people, and their safety. I never mislay myself before her." He muttered, looking down.

I nodded, and contemplated Arjun asking a few questions to Ashraf. I was still struggling to accept that the Khans could be involved in this.

I strode to them, and got to know that he wasn't revealing anything about his mission, as expected.

"We've seized three more men, along with him and one of them revealed about their identity, and the mission. This man, Ashraf, is would-be son-in-law of the Khans, and I'm very sure that Khan saheb is not aware of his true intentions."

Arjun illuminated me as we walked out of the small room, where Ashraf was kept, tied to a wooden chair.

"Mr. Khan has a daughter also?" I enquired, as I was unaware of this fact. We knew that he forged four sons, but he never let us know about his daughter.