3| Forced Marriage

"NOOOOOOOO!"

"NOOOOOOOO!"

The door banged before her and Mandakini was left all alone. She began sobbing miserably, teetering her legs, that couldn't shake properly, as they were tied. Just one bulb on the side wall, was all that was lightening up the room. Her pretty cheeks were crinkled with the dried tears.

She could not think of anything except her father. She was trying to analyse the meaning of the words that her kidnapper had uttered into her tears.

All her life, she was insecure about her looks because she kept comparing it to her sister, who was now dead, but it seemed as if she was the biggest threat for Mandakini.

Kashinath was also quite fond of Niharika, something that irritated Mandakini to the core. Albeit she missed her sister now, but the feeling of not being as eligible as her used to devour her from inside.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"This is not possible. She is a girl. How can you drag her in this?"

Aradhya spoke, when Jairaj told everyone about the incident.

"Tum beech me na bolo thakurain. Ladka jo kar raha hai sahi kar raha hai. Haq hai uska badla lene ka."

"Don't say anything in this matter, thakurain. He has rights to do what he is doing."

Jaswant Singh Thakur raised his voice at his wife - Aradhya.

"Lekin us masoom ladki ki kya galti hai?"

"But what is the fault of that innocent girl?"

Aradhya fired back at Jaswant.

"Wo masoom to bilkul nahi hai."

"She is not at all innocent!"

Jairaj interrupted in between them.

"Phir bhi uski behen ki galtiyon ki saza usse kyu?"

"Still why should she be punished for her sister's deeds?"

Aradhya enquired, her eyes had turned teary.

"CHUP SAB!"

"Quiet everyone!"

Balraj bellowed, and everyone turned silent gazing at him.

"I'll get married to her and this is my final decision."

Jairaj and Jaswant nodded, but Aradhya was still not satisfied with her son's decision.

"Let Dhanraj and Ragini come!"

"They'll arrive at the reception."

Balraj exclaimed, scrolling through his phone and everyone agreed to whatever he wanted - some willingly and the others unwillingly.