CHAPTER 19: Can I Hit on You?

Author's POV:

It was 10 pm, and as promised, they all gathered up near the entrance.

Joong: "Woah, pond! Where did you get the trophy from?"

Pond: "We won it!" He said, pointing at phuwin and himself.

They all looked lost.

Film: "They won the 'Create your own Krathong' contest."

Fourth: "Oh, I didn't even know there was a contest for that, or else I would have beat phuwin's ass."

Phuwin: "Yeah, in your dreams." He said, ready to punch him.

Dunk: "Oii, stop fighting." He said, tired of his brothers childish behavior.

Joong: "Well, it's only 10. There's probably some restaurants open. Do you guys wanna go get something to eat?"

Film: "Yes, I'm starving."

Joong: "Dunk?"

Dunk looked at his brother. One was nodding yes while the other was shaking his head no.

He signed as he responded.

Dunk: "Maybe next time. They seem tired and worn out."

Fourth: "Oh, come on, phi."

Phuwin slapped fourth to make him shut up.

Dunk: "Well, then we will get going."

Gemini, Pond, & Film nodded. Joong grabbed his wrist and stopped him as he whispered.

Joong: "Sweet dreams na! Don't forget to think about me." He said as let go of his grip.

Dunk gulped as he nodded and left right away. He was blushing. His heart was beating so fast. He wanted to smile but controlled himself in front of his brothers.

*****

Dunk got home and straight away went to his bed and lay down. His heart was still beating fast thinking about today.

Flashback

Joong: "Shia! The line for the food carts is long." He said, looking around.

Dunk nodded.

Joong: "Or maybe.... Do you wanna ditch this place and go to the mall."

Dunk: "Huh? Are you crazy?"

Joong: "What? It will be fun."

Dunk: "What about the others? We told them we would meet them back here at 10."

Joong: "So it's only 6:30. We have 3 and a half hours. We will be back before they know it." He said, looking at the time on his watch.

Dunk still was hesitant.

Joong: "Come on na! It will be fun." He said, pouting and showing his best puppy eyes.

Dunk couldn't say no and agreed to the offer.

With that, they both left the festival and headed to joong's car.

They were both heading to a mall.

Dunk: "Hey, is the only place you know a mall." He asked as joong was parking.

Joong: "No! Why are you asking?"

Dunk: "Because you always take me to the mall. How about we go somewhere else?"

Joong: "Why is it because you're broke?" He asked teasingly.

Dunk was done with him. He rolled his eyes and gave him a light hit on his arm.