CHAPTER 25: The Trip (3)

Author's POV:

It was the final day before they started getting packed up to leave tomorrow. Joong's been wanting to ask Dunk something this whole trip, and he thinks today is the best day to ask as it's also their last day.

The whole family was at the beach. They wanted to spend their last day their.

Pond: "Dude, so you gonna ask him?"

Joong: "Yup! I'm gonna take him near the seashore and ask."

Pond: "You better ask him today. I mean, you both have matching rings and bracelets. What friends have those?"

Joong just shrugged.

Pond: "Not to mention you gave those to him before you two were a label. I can't imagine what you might give him when you two are boyfriends."

Joong just chuckled.

Pond: "But seriously, man. Are you sure about this?" He asked. His voice serious.

Pond was the only one who was aware of Joong's heartbreak from nine as he hid it from the whole family. He finds Nine an asshole for cheating on his friend. The last thing Pond wants is to see Joong go through that pain again. But he can feel dunk is different, and his friend's heart is finally healing.

Joong: "What do you mean, Pond? Dunk is not nine. I believe dunk, and I can tell he will never leave me or do any of the stupid stuff nine did. I trust him. I love him, Pond." He said. His voice was hoarse but hurt.

Pond patted his shoulders. Dunk soon approached them. Joong started to shake away his feelings. Phuwin was also with dunk.

Dunk: "Is everything okay?" He asked, worried as he saw joong's watery eyes.

Pond: "Yeah, he just has allergies."

Phuwin: "What is he allergic to?"

Pond: "Well.... um.... there's a lot, actually." He said, looking at joong for help.

Joong: "I'm actually-"

Fourth: "Phi phuwin!" He called his brother from afar.

Phuwin: "Coming! Gotta run." He said as he went towards fourth.

Pond looked back at joong, then dunk and followed phuwin.

Joong: "Dunk, do you want to go for a walk?"

Dunk nodded.

They both went for a walk side by side. Joong took Dunk's hand in his. Their hands interlocked. Dunk just smiled and blushed at the gesture.

They both soon stopped and took a break. They sat on the sand. Dunk looked towards joong. He could see something was bothering joong.

Dunk: "Joong, are you okay?" He asked. His eyes full of concern.

Joong turned, facing dunk.

Joong: "Dunk, I love you!" He said. His voice so gentle, and his gaze so soft.

Dunk: "Joong-"

He didn't let him finish.

Joong: "You don't have to say anything. I know it's a lot to take in.... i have hitted on you for the past month, but I dont think i can do that anymore."

Dunk: "Then what do you want joong." His voice was so soft.

Joong: "I want you as my boyfriend." He said with no thought.

He was waiting later to ask Dunk this. But after the conversation he had with Pond, he didn't want to waste a second. He wanted to claim what was his.

Dunk leaned in for a kiss. Their lips pressed on one another. Joong was surprised and shocked at first but soon responded. They both soon deepened the kiss.