CHAPTER 31: Echoes of The Past

Author's POV:

Joong had just gotten back home from his day.

Gemini: "Hia!" He called as he approached him.

Joong: "Hmm? Alai?" His brows furrowed, confused.

Gemini: "I should be asking you. You just came back, and you look so tense. Rough day?"

Joong: "No, it's nothing."

Gemini: "Hia, I can tell something is bothering you. What happened?"

The door suddenly opened to reveal Pond and Film.

Pond: "Oh, Joong your back. How was the tour?" He asked, waiting to hear about his friend's day.

Film: "What's with the long face, Joong?" Film asked, worried.

Gemini: "That's what i'm wondering, Phi. He's been like this ever since he got home."

Pond: "Buddy, is everything okay?" He asked, patting his shoulder.

Joong: "Yeah.... It's just Dunk." He said. His voice was soft but filled with hurt.

Pond: "What happened?" Pond asked, ready to hear what his best friend had to say.

Joong: "I was right. It wasn't the money. There was another reason why Dunk broke up with me?"

Gemini: "Did he tell you?"

Joong: "No... but it's obvious. He said something about protecting his family? Like someone threatened him."

Gemini: "What about their family? Threatening?"

Joong shrugged. Film stepped in.

Film: "Ok, that means we have to continue the plan and try to get close to them like you used to so we can get the truth."

Pond: "And how is you fake dating Joong helping?"

Film: "It helps Dunk to realize his true feelings. Besides, you think I like fake dating this guy. I mean, like what Joong said, someone is threatening dunk... that means it's probably someone who has an obsession with Joong."

Pond: "You don't think it was Kapook?"

Joong: "What? There's no way. She moved to Germany."

Gemini: "Yeah, there's such thing as a cellphone."

Film: "Well, whoever it is or whatever the reason is. We have to get to the bottom of this. We also need to find evidence."

Everyone nodded. Gemini and Film headed their separate directions. Joong remained in the living room and headed his way to the sofa with Pond following him.

Pond: "You okay?" He asked as they sat down.

Joong shook his head. Pond patted his back.

Pond: "You know I didn't expect to see Dunk in business. Did he study it growing up?" He asked, changing up the question, hoping to change the mood.

Joong: "No, actually he told me he was in the arts department back then. He's really good at art."

Pond: "Oh, really? But he seems to be a pro when it comes to business, though." He asked, quite surprised.

Joong: "Yeah, he is. Isn't he?" He said with a chuckle.

Pond smiled and once again patted his friend's shoulder.

Pond: "Hey, don't think too much about it. We have film with us. She's a great hacker who can find us a lot of details. So just trust her on this."

Joong nodded.