CHAPTER 30: Unspoken Tension

Author's POV:

It was the next morning. Dunk came to the office to see everyone exhausted and tired from the party last night.

Dunk went ahead and knocked on Force's door as he had some documents to give him.

Force: "Come in." He yelled from the other side, giving dunk a sign to open the door.

Dunk: "Hello, phi! I'm assuming all is well." He greeted.

Force chuckled.

Dunk: "I can tell you guys partied all night. I mean, look at everyone's tired faces. Why didn't you just give a day off today?"

Force: "I would love to. But we have to discuss our partner plans with Joong still."

Dunk: "Didn't we do it yesterday."

Force: "We did, but there are still some files we had to go over. I asked Neo to do it yesterday while showing Joong around, but Neo didn't come today as he has a high fever. I mean, I would love to go, but I have a lot to handle here."

Dunk nodded.

Force: "Wait.... or you can do it." He pointed at dunk.

Dunk: "Me?" He questioned.

Force: "Yes, you. You're usually good at these types of things. You always know how to get them hooked. I mean, you were the reason we got our last two partnerships."

Dunk: "I know... but that's different. I don't know...... I just can't."

Force: "Please, Dunk! I beg you. Our company really needs this. We can go big." He said, getting up, going near him, and patting his shoulder.

Dunk signed. He gave up and nodded.

Force: "Thank you! I knew you wouldn't let me down." He said, pulling him into a quick hug.

****

Force and Dunk were waiting for Joong's arrival.

Force: "There's his car. Now go on." He said, pointing to the car.

Dunk's eyes widened as he pointed at himself confused.

Dunk: "Wait... I'm going with him. I thought we were showing him around the company while discussing."

Force: "No silly! You're showing him around town. Apparently, it's his first time here. So while you show him around, also discuss business." He said, giving dunk a little push forward.

As much as Dunk wanted to back down. He had no choice but just went towards the car. Their private chauffeur came and opened the door for dunk. Dunk smiled towards him for his kind gesture.

Joong, on the other hand, was quite shocked to see Dunk.

Force: "Sawdee krub Joong! You know, Dunk. You met him yesterday. He's the one who will help you understand our business plan while showing you around town as it's your first time."

Joong nodded.

Force: "Well, if that's all bye! Have fun, you two!" He said, waving goodbye.

Joong and Dunk waved goodbye back.

There was an awkward silence between them while there also being a huge space gap between them as they were both sitting in the back.

Chauffeur: "Where to first, sir?" He asked Dunk.

Dunk: "Um... well, there's this small town about 10 minutes away. There's a lot of stores located there." He said as he was aware of how much joong loved shopping.