CHAPTER 22: Truth

Author's POV:

It was the next day. It was Dunk's birthday. Dunk doesn't usually like to make a big deal of his birthday. He just treats it like a normal day. His brothers also know that he doesn't like big celebrations or parties in general.

Dunk just woke up. He brushed his teeth, got changed into fresh clothes, and headed downstairs where his brothers greeted him, holding a plate of pancakes.

Phuwin & Fourth: "Happy birthday, hia!" They both said in sync and went towards dunk to hug him.

Dunk: "Oh, thank you guys."

Phuwin: "Phi, you're 24 now. Guess we aren't the same age anymore."

Phuwin is only one year younger than Dunk and has an early birthday, unlike Dunk. So they usually are the same age for a couple of months.

Dunk just chuckled to that comment.

Fourth: "Phi, you have any plans." He asked his elder brother.

Dunk: "No, just the usual. Working at the café."

Fourth nodded.

Phuwin: "Anyway, fourth, don't you have uni. Quickly get dressed so I can drop you off."

Fourth: "Krub!" He said as he went upstairs.

Dunk quickly ate up the pancakes and went to put his shoes on.

Dunk: "Phuwin, can you drop me off at the café right now? I want to open up early today."

Phuwin nodded.

Phuwin: "Okay, let's go. Fourth, I'm gonna drop Phi off. I will be right back. You better be ready."

Fourth: "Alright, na."

With that phuwin and dunk headed out.

****

The day went by like any other day. Everything was going well.

Phuwin: "Hia!" He called.

Dunk: "Krub! What's up, phu?" He asked as he turned facing his brother.

Phuwin took out the bag from behind and gave it to him.

Phuwin: "Happy birthday, na!"

Dunk: "What is this?"

Phuwin: "Oii phi, it's a gift from me and fourth. I know you don't like to make a big deal of your birthdays, but please take this na." He said, pleading.

Dunk: "Oho! Ok, ok. Thank you, krub!"

Phuwin: "Well then, open it." He said, smiling.

Dunk carefully opened it up to see a picture frame of all 3 of them phuwin, fourth and himself when they were younger. He was in the middle, and his brothers hugging him on the side. But there was empty space in the bottom.

Dunk: "What's this space for?" He asked, feeling curious.

Phuwin: "For us, obviously. Me and fourth decided we should recreate the picture. So we're saving that empty space for the photo we're gonna soon take."

Dunk: Oh, thank you, krub! I love it!" He said, opening his arms for a hug. Phuwin returned the hug.

Phuwin returned back to the cash register and took the customers' orders. While dunk was in the kitchen, making the coffee and pastries.

The thing that bummed dunk out was that he was waiting for a special someone to wish him, but he still hadn't arrived. He told him he would meet him here, but where is he.