part 1

-

"Hi, Dad. Hi, Mom," Starlight whispered as she sat down on the ground in front of their graves.

"I miss you. It's been 16 years." She took a deep breath.

"Here, I bought these for you, Mom." She placed Lilies on her mother's grave.

"I dreamed of you, of us, our family. We were so happy in the dream. We could've easily been the perfect family. Little I and Harry were playing in the backyard while you and Mom were drinking something as you watched over us. You two looked so happy," Star said as she faced her Dad's grave.

"Then the scene changed. I and Harry were eating ice cream, Mom wasn't home and you gave it to us. You warned us not to tell her when she came but we didn't listen," She stopped to giggle then continued.

"When Mom came, we told her and she made you sleep on the couch that day. But you didn't get mad, instead, you took us shopping for sweets that day." She looked down.

"Then I woke up. It was good while it lasted. I'm gonna play those memories in my head every day." Star began to spill what had happened to her in the last 6 days.

She'd visit her parents' graves every Sunday and stay there for hours.

As time passed, it began to darken outside, which meant Star needed to go back to Hogwarts.

"It was good talking to you. I hope you appear in my dreams again. Mom, it's mostly Dad I see, I wanna see you too, that is if you can and want to... goodbye, I love you both." With that, she got up from the ground and left, looking back now and then.

Soon, she made it back to Hogwarts and got to her dorm. She didn't have a roommate, but Hermione was mostly there because she loved Star's books.

Star and Hermione were good friends, not close but good. They had a few things in common, such as being the top students.

"Hey, Star!" Hermione said as Star entered the room.

"Hey, Mione. What are you up to?" She asked as she began to take her shoes off.

"Nothing much, I was about to go out for Dinner. I heard we're having a new student."

"Oh, do you know who it is?" Star asked as she sat her bag down on her bed.

"No, but it's a boy as I've heard."

"Oh, okay. Are you heading off right now?" Star asked as she picked up a hair straightener and turned it on.

"I was going to," Hermione said as she put on her shoes. "But I can wait for you if you'd like. Dinner is 15 minutes away."

"That's not necessary. Thank you, Mione."

"Of course, Star. Anytime." She smiled and left Star's dorm.

Star sighed and started re-straightening her hair.

"This stupid hair!" She groaned.

Once she was finally done with her hair, she changed her white shirt, which was kind of wet and dirty, to a black one.

Star looked into the mirror, staring at herself before she decided to go.

She left her room and headed towards the dining halls, where most students were.