Part 29

-

-

"What are you doing?"

Starlight startled, putting away the papers. She turned around, finding Matteo in her doorway.

She let out a breath she was holding. "You scared the shit out of me, Matty."

Star went towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Matteo's arms went around his back and hip, pulling her closer. He placed a kiss in her hair before pulling away.

"What were you doing?" He asked again, looking into her eyes.

She looked at him. "Nothing, just some notes for classes."

He nodded as he pulled her into a kiss. "Ready to go to Lunch?" Star smiled at him, nodding.

He wrapped his one arm around her waist and pulled her out of her dorm. They passed the Gryffindor common room, once in the hallway, they joined their friends.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Mae yelled at them as they got close.

"Hey, guys." Star smiled at them.

Matteo had his hand around Starlight's waist, pulling her close to his body as they walked.

Out of nowhere, he placed a kiss on her head. She looked up at him and gave him a smile. That was all Matteo needed. A simple smile could from Star could make his day.

Draco, Theodore, Blaise, Enzo, Mae, Daphne, Astoria, Pansy, and Matteo sat at the table in the dining hall, their plates piled high with food from the evening meal. 

Draco shovelled food into his mouth as he complained to the others about a particularly difficult class, while Pansy poked at her food and rolled her eyes. 

Enzo and Daphne were engaged in a heated debate about the latest fashion trend, while Blaise and Mae conversed quietly, their heads bowed together.

Draco was in the midst of complaining about the assignment they had been given in Charms class when Blaise interrupted him.

"Oh, shut up, Malfoy," he said, rolling his eyes. "You're just mad because you didn't finish it." 

Draco scowled at him. "I had more important things to do than finish a stupid assignment," he retorted. 

Pansy snorted from her seat at the table. "Like what? Preening in front of a mirror?"

As Draco and Blaise continued to bicker back and forth, Astoria spoke up, her eyes narrowing. "Can you both please stop arguing for at least 10 minutes? We're trying to eat here."