part 3

-

-

"Hi, there," Matteo said as he cornered Star.

"Bye," Star rolled her eyes, quickly getting out of his grasp.

"Hey— wait!" Matteo whisper-shouted as he quickly caught up to her.

Star took a deep sigh, she was already annoyed. "The fuck do you want?"

"You," Matteo smirked.

He smiled at her stubbornness. He wasn't going to give up that easily.

"C'mon, Star, just show me." He said smoothly, trying to sound charming.

"No, why would I do that?" Star rolled her eyes again. She wasn't going to give in to his flirting, no way.

Matteo chuckled, finding her stubbornness both annoying and entertaining.

"Oh, come on, you know I'm not going to let you go without seeing it." He smirked, taking a step closer to her.

Star refused to back down, crossing her arms and giving him a defiant look.

"And why do you want to see it so badly?" She shot back, lifting an eyebrow.

Matteo's smirk widened as he took another step closer, leaning in a bit.

"Oh, you know why." He said, his voice low and seductive. "We both know you're my soulmate."

Star clenched her jaw, trying to hide the flicker of nervousness that crossed her face.

She refused to give in to his charms, no matter how much her heart fluttered at his words.

Matteo chuckled again, finding her attempts to hide her feelings amusing.

"You can try to deny it all you want, but we both know the truth. You feel the burning on your collarbone, don't you? The mark is growing hotter each day, and you can't ignore it forever."

Star could feel the heat growing on her chest, and she knew he could see her flushed cheeks.

She tried to play it cool, but the burning sensation was getting harder to ignore.

Matteo noticed the subtle change in Star's expression, the way her eyes darted away for a moment in guilt.

He knew he was getting under her skin, slowly but surely.

"You can't lie to me, Starlight. I can see it in your eyes. The way you hesitate when I'm around. The way you try to avoid me, but still glance in my direction when you think I'm not looking."

He took another step forward, closing the distance between them.

Star felt her breath hitch as Matteo got closer, the heat from his body radiating against hers.