part 14

-

After classes were over for the day, Matteo was on a mission. He had been trying to find a chance to talk to Star alone all day.

He saw her walking down the hallway and called out to her, "Star!"

Star turned around and saw Matteo approaching her.

"I need to talk to you," he said, sounding serious.

Matteo pulled Star into one of the empty halls, grabbing her around the waist and pulling her close to him.

He looked around to make sure no one was watching before turning to her.

He took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to say. "We need to talk," he said, his voice low.

Star looked at him, a little surprised by the sudden pull into an empty hallway. She felt nervous, not knowing what he wanted to talk about.

She responded, "Yeah, you already said that."

Matteo looked at her, his expression serious. Whatever he wanted to talk about must be important.

"Can I come over to yours after lunch?" he asked. "This isn't the place to talk about what I want to talk about."

Then why pull me here?

Star looked at him, her heart skipping a beat. She wasn't sure what he wanted to talk about, but the thought of him coming over made her nervous.

She hesitated for a moment but then nodded. "Okay," she said.

Matteo smiled down at her, glad she said 'yes'.

He wanted her to sit with him again. He knew his friends could sometimes be a little obnoxious, but he still wanted her to sit with them.

He looked at her,  hoping she would say yes. "Do you want to sit with us again?" he asked nervously.

Star hesitated for a moment, thinking about the whole Harry situation. Their relationship had been complicated lately.

She sighed and looked at Matteo. "Sure," she said. "It's not like my brother wants me there anyway."

Matteo's heart sunk at her words. He knew her relationship with her brother was complicated right now, but he didn't know the details.

He wanted to ask her more, to know what was going on but he didn't want to push her too much. Instead, he put his arm around her shoulders.

"He's missing out," he said, trying to lighten the mood.

Star smiled up at him. His words made her feel a little better. She appreciated the support.

Matteo's heart fluttered at her smile. He loved making her smile. It was his mission to make her smile every day.

He pulled her towards the dining hall.

As they walked into the cafeteria, Matteo's friends saw them. They all gave Matteo knowing looks, especially Draco and Enzo.  They could tell he had asked her to sit with them again.

Matteo just smirked at them, before leading her to the table.

Matteo sat down at their table. His friends were sitting there waiting.

Blase, Draco, Theodore, Enzo, and Mae were all there, chatting amongst themselves.

They all looked up as Matteo and Star sat down. The boys all pretended not to stare, but they were all secretly observing the two.

Enzo couldn't resist commenting. He glanced at Matteo before addressing Star.

"Well hello there, future sister-in-law," he said with a mischievous grin. He loved to tease Matteo whenever he could.