Part 18

-

After the classes and lunch passed, the couple made their way to Star's room, feeling tired.

Matteo and Star lay in her bed, their bodies pressed closely together.

Star's head was resting on his chest, her ear directly over his heart. She loved hearing his heartbeat, it was soothing to her.

Her leg was thrown over his, their bodies entwined.

Matteo's hand was gently rubbing circles on her shoulder. He loved being close to her like this.

Matteo looked down at her, his eyes filled with love. He gently pushed a strand of her hair away from her face, revealing the scar on her right eye.

She had always been insecure about that scar, thinking it made her look ugly and damaged.

But Matteo didn't know that, to him it was beautiful. It was a part of her and he loved every part of her, including that scar.

Matteo gently brushed his fingers over the scar, tracing its lines gently.  "You know your scar is beautiful, right?"

Star's heart skipped a beat at his words.  She couldn't believe he thought her scar was beautiful. 

To her, it was a constant reminder of her past, a reminder of the pain and trauma she had endured.

But hearing him call it beautiful, made her feel a little less insecure about it, made her feel like it didn't make her ugly.

She looked up at him, her eyes filled with emotion. "You really think so?"

Matteo cupped her face in his hands, his thumb gently stroking her cheek where the scar was. He looked down at her with so much love in his eyes.

"I do," he said softly. 

"I think it makes you even more beautiful than you already are."

He leaned down and gently kissed her scar, his lips brushing against the jagged lines. 

"You're perfect." He breathed in. "So perfect."He breathed out.

Tears welled up in Star's eyes.

She couldn't believe he thought her scar was beautiful, that he thought she was perfect. Nobody had ever made her feel so accepted and loved despite her flaws.

She leaned in closer to him, burying her face in his chest. 

"I love you," she whispered.

Matteo pulled her even closer to him, his arms wrapping around her tightly.

"I love you more," he said in her hair. Matteo gently stroked her hair as they held each other close. 

After a moment of comfortable silence, he asked her the question she wasn't expecting.

"Can I ask how you got that scar?" He asked softly. 

He had always wondered how she got it but had never asked her. He didn't want to pressure her to open up about her past.

Star hesitated for a moment, her heart beating a little faster. 

She didn't talk about her past much, it was a topic she always avoided as much as possible.

But this was Matteo, her soulmate, her safe space. She could trust him with anything.

She took a deep breath and looked up at him.

"I..." she hesitated.  "I got this scar when I was 16."

Star's voice trembled slightly as she remembered the memory of how she got the scar.