Part 17

-

Matteo woke up to the feeling of her in his arms, her back pressed against his chest.

He smiled, feeling happy.

He opened his eyes, taking in the sight of her sleeping peacefully in his arms. He tightened his grip on her, burying his face in her hair and inhaling her scent.

She smelled like him.

"Morning, Princess," he whispered in her ear, giving her a soft kiss on the cheek.

She stirred awake, her eyes opened as she heard his voice in her ear and felt his kiss on her cheek.

She turned around in his arms to face him, smiling up at him. 

"Morning," she said quietly, her voice still groggy with sleep.

She snuggled closer to him, resting her head on his chest and wrapping her arms around him. 

"Did you sleep well?" she asked, looking up at him with a sleepy smile.

Matteo smiled down at her, feeling his heart swell with love for her. He loved seeing her first thing in the morning, her hair messy and her eyes still drowsy with sleep. She was beautiful.

He ran his hand through her hair gently, stroking it softly. 

"I slept great," he said. "I always sleep well when you're with me."

He leaned down and pressed a kiss on her forehead.

"How did you sleep?"

Star smiled at his kiss on her forehead, feeling loved. She cuddled closer to him, resting her head on his chest. 

"I slept well too," she replied quietly. "It was the best sleep I've had in a while."

She lifted her head to look at him, her eyes full of love. She always feels safe with him, and she doesn't need to admit it for Matteo to know that.

Matteo looked down at her, seeing the love in her eyes. It made his heart soar. He loved her more than anything.

He cupped her face in his hand, stroking her cheek gently with his thumb. 

"I'm glad," he said softly.

He leaned down and placed a kiss on her nose in a gentle kiss. It was a soft kiss, full of love and affection.

Matteo and Starlight eventually got out of bed and got ready for the day. They both had classes to attend.

As they got ready, Matteo couldn't keep his eyes off her. 

He knew today would be a difficult day as they might run into Harry and he'd probably find out she stayed the night in Matteo's room but Matteo was determined to keep her safe.

Once they did their time in the bathroom and were ready to get dressed, Matteo turned to her.

He knew she hadn't brought any extra clothes with her, and she'd slept in his hoodie and sweatpants.

He asked her gently, "Princess, do you want to wear my clothes for today? Or did you want to go back to your room for clothes?"

He wanted her to wear his clothes, he loved seeing her in them. But if she wanted to change that was fine by him.

Star looked at him, a small smile on her face. She loved wearing his clothes, they were comfortable and they smelt like him.

Plus Matteo loved seeing her in them.

"I'll wear yours," she said quietly.

The answer made Matteo smile, feeling happy she wanted to wear his clothes. He loved knowing she felt comfortable in them.