Part 25

-

Matteo opened his eyes slowly, blinking against the soft light coming through the curtains.

He looked down and saw Star peacefully resting her head on his chest, still asleep. He watched her for a moment, feeling a surge of love for her.

He gently kissed the top of her head, rousing her from her sleep.

She stirred, slowly waking up and opening her eyes. She looked up at him, her eyes meeting his.

"Hey," she mumbled groggily, a small smile spreading across her lips.

He smiled back, wrapping his arms around her a little tighter.

"Hi, baby," he replied, his voice still rough from sleep. She snuggled closer to him, burying her face in his chest.

"Did we sleep all day?" she asked.

Matteo looked over at the clock to check the time.

"Just in time for lunch," he said, confirming her question. She groaned, clearly not ready to get out of bed yet. He chuckled, kissing the top of her head again.

"We should probably get up," he said, though he didn't sound too enthusiastic about it either. She looked up at him with pleading eyes.

"Five more minutes?" she asked, hoping for some extra cuddle time.

He smiled at her pleading look. "Five more minutes," he agreed.

He pulled her closer to him and buried his face in her hair, content to stay just like this for a little longer. She rested her head on his chest, feeling safe and loved in his arms. They stayed like that for five more minutes, enjoying the warmth of each other's embrace.

Eventually, though, the growling of their stomachs reminded them that it was time to get up and find something to eat.

As they finally got up from the warm, cozy bed, they were met with the cold air of the room. They had gotten used to the warmth of each other's arms and the blankets, so the sudden change in temperature was a shock.

Star shivered, wrapping her arms around herself. "It's freezing in here."

Matteo nodded, feeling the same chill.

"Let's go to lunch. We won't be here so there's no point in lighting it right now," he said, already feeling the cold.

Once they put on their shoes and were ready, they left her dorm and walked towards the cafeteria.

On the way, they could feel the cold wind on their faces, making them shiver even more.

"I can't wait to get something warm to eat," Star said, her teeth chattering slightly.

Matteo wrapped his arm around her, trying to share his warmth. "Me too," he agreed.

As they entered the cafeteria, they were greeted by the warmth and the noise of students chatting and eating. They sat down at a table with their friends, relishing the warmth into their cold bodies.

Matteo and Star sat down at the large table with their friends. The others were already halfway through their food, chatting amongst themselves.

Theodore looked up and saw the newcomer, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Well well well," he said, looking at Matteo and Star. "The lovebirds have emerged from their cave."

The others laughed, noticing the way they sat close to each other.

"Took you long enough," Draco mocked.

Star playfully stuck out her tongue at Draco, while Matteo just laughed. Theodore leaned in towards them, pretending to whisper conspiratorially.