part 6

-

-

Star woke up early on Sunday morning, her thoughts wandering to her parents as they did every weekend.

She got out of bed and quickly changed into jeans and a simple shirt. She pulled her long, ginger hair into a ponytail, slipping on a pair of sneakers.

She put on a touch of makeup, mostly a light foundation to conceal the dark circles under her eyes from staying up late studying.

From the kitchen, she grabbed a bottle of water and packed a small snack for later before heading out to catch the train.

Another peaceful Sunday she was going to spend visiting her parents' grave.

Star sat on the train, gazing out the window as the city landscapes rolled by.

She had always enjoyed the quiet solitude of these journeys, allowing herself time to reflect and cherish the memories of her parents.

As the train rattled on, she pulled out her earbuds, drowning out the world with her favorite playlist.

Her focus turned inward, her thoughts and emotions centered on the family she had lost.

Star was lost in thought, her mind preoccupied with the usual jumble of memories and emotions. Her eyes were unfocused, her expression distant as she stared out the window.

Suddenly, the sound of someone sitting next to her jerked her back to the present.

She glanced to the side, her eyes widening in surprise as she found Matteo sitting in the seat next to her.

Star's surprise morphed into annoyance, her eyes narrowing as she looked at Matteo.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, her voice laced with irritation.

She wasn't expecting to see him, and she certainly didn't want his presence to disturb her quiet reflection time.

Matteo gave her a casual shrug, his expression unbothered by her irritation.

"My friends and I are going out for butterbeer," he explained, a smirk playing on his lips. "I happened to spot you on the train and thought I'd sit here."

Star's irritation grew at his nonchalant response, his smirk only fueling her annoyance further.

"I'm not in the mood for company, thanks," she replied coolly, her tone making it clear she was not amused. "I'd prefer to be alone."

Matteo's smirk never wavered, his eyes locked onto hers as he leaned back in his seat.

"Come on, don't be like that," he responded, his tone still casual.

"I just want to chat. Can't you spare a little time for your soulmate?" He asked.

Star's irritation flared at his words, her jaw clenching as she met his gaze.