Chapter 18.5 Goliath

Floor 17,  a few hours before the trial.....

"Roarrrr!!!" a giant developed it's fist against a blonde hair girl. 

"Ergh!" Victoria blocked it's fist by a light based huge sword.

"Fall you beast!!!" Maxim try to pierced the giant with his spear.

"Tzzz!!!" A black lightning generate from his spear cause electric shock to the giant. 

"Roarrrr....." the giant--Goliath with a pain expression and it seems paralyzed a bit. 

Goliath, 'Monster Rex' aka. 'Boss floor' of the middle floors, a 4m tall giant with dark grey skin. It's skin is tough, it strength could cause critical damage to level 5 adventurers. Guild label Goliath as a level 4 monster, but guild recommend only first class adventurers (Level 5 or above) is able to challenge it alone. 

"Victoria back off now!!!" Both of them quickly jump backwards from the Goliath. 

"It's skin is hard, I already stab it multiple times but it seems no effect!" Victoria said with a slightly panic voice. 

"Beside tough skin, it also can regenerate!" Maxim observing the Goliath wounds. 

"....I will distract it, you take the final shot!" Maxim hold tight his spear.

"W-what? How? I can't sure I could kill it!" Victoria look at Maxim with a worried face.

"I trust you! You charge it to full extent and give the final blow!" Maxim run towards the giant immediately. 

"Pang! Pang! Pang!" The collides between metal and fist roam through the whole floor. 

"....Barachiel!" black lightning surrounded Maxim with him spinning his spear after he enhanced.

Different from during the surface battle, this black lightning is more powerful almost like a tornado acting as a barrier protecting Maxim. 

"Tzzzzzz!!!!" Maxim slowly walk towards Goliath, the Goliath also punch towards the barrier. Even though the black lightning keep burning the giant arm but it's arm still keep move through the barrier slowly. 

"Roarrr....." Goliath moan in pain. 

".....Lucifer!!!" A sound from Victoria. 

Victoria holding a glowing flaming sword, the flame light shine very brightly so much different from an ordinary flame. 

"Move out Maxim!!" Victoria shouted.

"!!!Barachiel released!" The black lightning spark on Maxim's spear get released towards Goliath as Maxim hit his spear on the ground. 

"Tzzzz!!!!" The black lighting caused the giant paralyzed even make it kneel. 

"Victoria now!!!" Maxim run off from the giant. 

"Raaahhhh!!! Lucifer Falling star!!" A large condensed light color fire released from the sword as Victoria hit her sword on the ground towards the direction where Goliath from. 

"Booom!!!!" "Roaarrrr!!!!!""Tsssscracracraclkkkk!!!" Moaning from the giant and burning sound come after the explosion. 

The monster then disappeared with a huge magic stone and a large peeled skin left. 

"Yes!! We did it!" Victoria hug Maxim hardly.

"Ya...We defeat Goliath just by our own, it feels like a yesterday dream." Maxim hug Victoria back. 

Minutes after.... 

"By the way Maxim do you feel it? During floor 16." Victoria asking while collecting the Goliath skin.

"Ya got someon...something watching us back then, I purposely walk around that time but found nothing. Seems like that thing purposely avoid us." Maxim replied.

"So that's why you wanna stay there longer that time..." Victoria then seems like thinking something.

"No use to worried now, the trial is gonna start soon. No time to check, no matter what it is, trust them." Maxim comfort Victoria with words. 

"Yeah you're right..." Victoria replied.

Then the two walk down to next floor, entering the city awaiting their Juniors.