Chapter 26 New Year

"You've grown taller." Alexander measuring the height between him and Zald with his hand.

"I'm still at the age of growing." Zald replied.

"Already been a year since we met huh..." Alexander mind flash far back. 

"The recruitment period is decided, will be at next month." Zald suddenly said.

"Hope not some damn genius, I'm still level 2, don't wanna get surpassed by some juniors." Alexander sigh.

"So before that, I wanna explore the 'Large Tree Labyrinth' again." Zald said.

"Hey, members are not allowed to go below Floor 18 alone remember?" Alexander asked.

"Not alone, I will asked Ihwa and Sinclair to join." Zald said.

"Even so, we are not executives yet, we don't make the rules." Alexander said.

"The Cave Labyrinth can't really boost our status anymore, if we wanna get stronger, we need to move further, unless we can go challenge Goliath." Zald said.

"No freaking way, Hector will kill us after that." Alexander seems more worried punishment from Hector than get killed by Goliath.

"I will explain to Maxim them afterwards, you in?" Zald asked.

"Huh fine, I'm in." Alexander sigh.

In a restaurant own by a goddess of beauty Famillia....

"Here you go, enjoy!!!" A young female dwarf delivered four plates of spaghettis and steak at the same time.

"Mia is really incredible...." Sinclair looking at the young dwarf taking orders. 

"So what you guys wanna talk about?" Ihwa asking while eating her steak.

"Do you girls wanna join us to explore Floor 19?" Zald ask directly. 

"Cough! Cough!..." Ihwa get shocked and chocked. 

"Really! Never been there before!" Ihwa said it with excited tone.

"Ihwa wait, aren't we are not allowed to go there yet?" Sinclair asked.

"....I didn't heard clear instruction." Ihwa said.

"Quibble..." Sinclair with a speechless expression. 

"Sinclair, Floor 18 above can't really make any changes to our status anymore." Ihwa said.

"Although last time after that weird Minotaur, my status got rise a bit, but not enough, far not enough for me to level up, I've been to Cave Labyrinth these days, my status not improved at all." Ihwa keep explaining. 

"Falna has memory, once it memorized what we experienced before, same kind of experience can't affect it anymore." Zald explain. 

"I know what you two concerned about, but..." Sinclair close her eyes.

"Don't you think what will happen if we got caught again!" Sinclair whispered with a frightened face.

"We gonna work here again, commanded by that dwarf!" Sinclair pointing the dwarf with her thumb. 

"!!!" Ihwa's shoulders shake a bit. 

"....We will take the penalty together." Zald said.

"Yeah, if you're gonna be waitress, we will be the janitor or something." Alexander pointing to himself.

"I can be the chef, I'm quite confident in cooking." Zald with a smirk face. 

"""........""" The other three remember the taste of Hellhound at the same time. 

After that in a workshop of Hephaestus Familia....

"This is surprise, I though you're a loyal customer to Goibniu." A dwarf with an eyepatch said. 

"My sword melted due to my magic, the Goibniu blacksmith introduced me here." Zald explain.

"They say Hephaestus blacksmith is more familiar with magic." Zald showed his sword.

"That's praised a lot. Hmmm.....You're fire magic user?" The dwarf took the sword from Zald. 

"The quality is good, I don't think flames can melted it so easily." The dwarf touching the sword.

"My magic make my sword into a heating metal that can melt everything." Zald briefly explain.

"Transfer heat into the sword itself instead of covered on the surface huh..." The dwarf said.

"If that the case, then no material could sustain long." The dwarf said.

"!!!" Zald with a shock face.

"Hmph! but not with a sword that have special function." The dwarf smirk. 

"...Can you really make it?" Zald asked.

"Trust me, give me one week....no three days, you can get your sword after three days." The dwarf said.

"Thank you, what's your name." Zald asked.

"Just call me Collbrande." The dwarf replied. 

In Hera Familia training field....

"Bestow me power, Mother Goddess. Whispers from the void..." Ihwa chanting.

"Flora!" Sinclair chanted.

The tree branches from the trees in the field extended their length and attack Ihwa.

"!!!" "Schwig! Schwig!" Ihwa stop chanting and cut down those branches immediately. 

"Focus Ihwa! Keep chanting!" Sinclair rush towards Ihwa with an axe.

"Bestow me power, Mother....Ergh!" Ihwa stop her chanting again and parry on the attacks from Sinclair. 

"What are they training?" A black hair woman asked.

"Ihwa learned a new magic recently, she's practicing for 'Concurrent Chanting'." A blonde hair woman replied.

"'Concurrent Chanting'....took me few weeks to mastered it." Dalias said.

"Are you saying that you're slow? Normally would take years." Victoria replied with an annoying face.

"Said from the person who succeeded in the first time." Dalias said with a sarcastic way which Victoria replied her by stick out her tongue. 

"Flora!" Dozens of wood sticks attacking Ihwa.

"Schwig! Schwig! Schwig!....." Ihwa keep parrying those wood sticks.

In the end Ihwa didn't succeed to perform 'Concurrent Chanting', and there are few times she unintentionally gonna kill Sinclair, which finally knock down by Victoria at the last time. 

few days later at the Babel entrance...

"What's wrong with your face?" Sinclair asked.

"Just training accident." Alexander replied with a face full of bruises. 

"That lumberjack said he wanna cast his magic while fighting, but in the end he can't do it." Alexander explained.

"There are few times, I feel that he's gonna kill me. Fortunately his conscious come back, but that prick still hit me with his hilt." Alexander complaining.

"At least yours conscious still come back, if Victoria wasn't there I think I can't standing here anymore." Sinclair sigh. 

"Sorry for late." Zald walking beside with Ihwa towards the couple.

"New equipment?" Alexander asked.

"Ya, Hephaestus's blacksmith forged it." Zald carrying a black color great sword with red blades on his back.  

"They forged me a new sword too." Ihwa holding her shiny sky blue color sword. 

"Hope they served you two well, let's go." Alexander said.

""Yes"" The two replied. 

Q&A (Replied in comment):

What do you think the rate of characters level up so far, too slow or fast?