Chapter 16 Festival

"Here's the Minotaur horn you requested." Merty Zara handing the drop item to Isaac.

"Well done, now finally we can proceed to the next phrase." Isaac praise with no impression.

Currently the two are inside a room filled with messy papers....glass bottles fill with monster's body parts....Almost like a surgical lab. 

"....I don't really know what are you trying to do, but it disguised me." Merty Zara with a bad expression face.

"I can feel the intension from Zeus and Hera Familia towards us, this is just preparation." Isaac explained.

"Not to mentioned, you are responsible too." Isaac with a cold glance towards Merty. 

"...." Merty move his eyesight towards other way. 

"I don't blame you....This will come eventually." Isaac said.

"Zald....that rookie is quite interesting, before Maxim I should test him with my prototype...." Isaac murmured to himself. 

(Crazy bastard....you better deal with it before I defeated you, armor boy.) Merty pov. 

Meanwhile someone walking in the streets....

"Thanks for accompany me." Ihwa said to a tall reddish brown hair guy.

"No worries, I finished my training today." Zald replied.

"You didn't goto dungeon today?" Ihwa asked.

"I was forced to take a rest this week." Zald holding back his head. 

"No wonder that Alexander have time for asking Sinclair out today." Ihwa said.

"Yeah...He was quite happy for the decision the high-ups made." Zald replied.

"Monster Philia, a festival that make monster performance on the stage...weird." Ihwa murmured. 

Currently the two are shopping at the streets nearby the festival held. Since Alexander and Sinclair are at a date to watch the performance, which these two has less interest. 

"What shall we do now?" Ihwa asked.

"Come here!!! Take a look!!!" "Shooting game!" "Gladiator!" "Racing!"

There are many activities set up in the streets, shooting objects for price, marathon racing, wrestling, and even become a gladiator for fighting monster, the monster are mostly goblins and kobolds.

"Well since we're at here, why don't we have fun around?" Zald looked around. 

The two then engaged the activities one by one, Ihwa winning the first prize for shooting game, Zald break record for killing 10 goblins within 10 seconds.....

After some hours...

"I'm hungry lets buy some snack." Zald said.

"Yeah, I wanna eat Jagamarukun." Ihwa replied.

"I remember is at over there." Zald pointing towards somewhere at the end of the square.

"....." Both suddenly stop.

"Do you feel that..." Zald Whispered.

"..." Ihwa nodded her head.

This feeling of disturbance seems familiar to both of them, feels like at that time a moment before they encounter a Minotaur in floor 14. 

"Ihwa! If monster appear I will hold it as long as I can, you evacuate civilians as soon as possible!" Zald whispered.

"ok..." Ihwa nodded her head. 

"Roarrrr!!!!" "Ahhh!!!" "What is this!!!" "M-monsters!!!" A roar from a monster and screaming sound from the people. 

"The voices...There!" Zald and Ihwa run towards where the screaming came from.

A tall monstrous figure tried to attack a woman, "Mama!!" A girl cried.

"Paw!" The figure take a few steps backward after receiving a punch.

"Leave here immediately!" Zald shouted. 

"T-thanks!" The woman grab the girl and run away immediately. 

"Everyone run a head of me, leave this place quickly!" Ihwa keep shouting and keep guard behind of the running people.

"This is...Minotaur? No...A Chimera!!!" Zald said it with a shocking tone. 

Hours before....

"The testing is complete, my prototype!" Isaac cheered.

"Do you follow the rookies from Zeus and Hera Familia?" Isaac asked.

"Yes, Sir Isaac, they are currently at the streets beside the festival held." A half masked man replied. 

"Good. I will witnessed myself what capable of you, rookie." Isaac staring his prototype.

Back to now.....

"...." Zald staring at the monster with fighting stance.

The monster --- Slightly taller than Minotaur, but it's arm and chest covered with armors, the armors seems like parts of it's body skin, just like 'Hard Armored'. It has an ape-like face and it's arm are long, just like 'Silverback'. It has horns on it, instead of a four leg creature, it seems can stand with two legs, just like 'Minotaur'. It's eyes keep glowing red light, just like Imp.

Hard Armored, a rare armadillo-like monster with highest defense skin appeared in the 'White Mist'. Silverback, a rare ape-like monster with most brute strength with it's long arms appeared in the 'White Mist'. 

"A mixture of multiple upper and lower floor monsters....I heard it before but this still too unnatural..." Zald murmured. 

Zald flashbacks of words from Dillios....

("In a very rare situation, you'll encounter a monster type we call 'Chimera'. When monsters engaged an abnormal act such as eating each other, somehow will cause mutation in their genes, 'Chimera' is extremely dangerous, even a mixture between upper floor monsters, sometimes their power can be compared to lower floor monsters.") Zald flashbacks. 

"Roarrrrr!!!" The monster rush towards Zald and developed a fist.

"Paw!!!!!!" Two fists collide each other and cause shockwave making objects surrounding them broke and collapsed. 

Meanwhile somewhere in a tavern....

"Bad news!!! bad news!!! Ha...ha...ha...ha!" A young adventure rushed into the tavern by shouting and breathes rapidly. 

"Bors! What in earth are you yelling in my tavern?!" Asked by Mia - A young female dwarf who once hired Ihwa and Sinclair a day as their punishment. 

"M-monsters! Monsters appeared in the streets!" Bors keep yelling.

"Where!" A boy stood up with a blonde girl sitting opposite him.

"N-next to the festival event!" Bors pointing towards the door.

"Victoria let's go!" Maxim shouted.

"Erm!" Victoria nodded her head. 

Meanwhile in the circus....

"Urgent! Urgent! Citizens please stay calm and leave the circus with order!" An announcement by a member from Vishnu Familia. 

"W-what's going on?" Sinclair asked with worried.

"Something must have happen, Sinclair stay close with me." Alexander replied. 

(This feeling....why so familiar?) Alexander feels the disturbance.