The Room (Henry's POV)

Henry’s POV

  We already checked the inside of the room that we’ll be sharing together for four to five months and I’m not even sure if what really is this I’m feeling right now, I don’t know exactly if I’ll laugh or I’ll cry.

  My bathroom back home is way more bigger than this!

What’s in it?

A closet, a dresser, a study table, a very tiny bed and a little space on the floor for the extra mattress.

I just truly hope that we can survive this for the next months.

  Is that the extra mattress that she mentioned earlier? He asked and I was a bit startled.

  Yes. But I was able to response quickly while nodding my head. I think.. I’ll be able to sleep there. I said while convincing myself that it’s not so bad, that it’ll always be fun to try something new.

And besides, I’ll be living on my own, I’ll prove them that I can, so there’s no room for being afraid.

  No. He suddenly said while shaking his head. To be fair, we’ll take turns in using the bed and that mattress.

I was stunned for a second. I guess I just misjudged him, he seems not that bad. I thought to myself while staring at —

I still don’t know his name, so maybe I’ll address him as my roommate for now.

 So who’s gonna.. sleep on the bed first? I asked my roommate while trying to stop myself from smiling widely.

I don’t want to be so obvious that I’m so happy with this turn of events.

  Fine, He said. You first.

  Oh! That’s nice. I thought to myself again.

  But, No. I love that everything seems going to my favor, but I don’t like that everyone seems babysitting me. I’m not a baby so I really dislike it when they babysit me. To be fair, let’s play a game first. I told him, then I look for something that I could use. I opened the drawer under the study table and I saw a ball of yarn inside, I took it and immediately thought of something where I could use it. And when an idea suddenly came to my mind, I quickly made a two cuts from it, a longer one and a shorter one. Whoever pick the longer one, he’ll use the bed first. So pick. Then I said to him while smiling.

I can’t help smiling now because I suddenly realize that..

  This is kinda shit!

  This is crazy! He commented while picking. It’s really yours. Then he showed me that he got pick the shorter one.

And that made me smile even more, seems like everything is really going my way and who am I to complain. Right?

  But I’m also feeling a bit shy. So.. how long one turn is will be? I awkwardly asked him.

  A week? He said.

  That’s too much, I think, so, How about.. every other day? I suggests.

  Fine. He quickly agrees. Can I borrow that mattress? I’m really so tired.

I quickly gave him the mattress.

While doing so, I suddenly remembered when two girls handed me that sleeping mattress earlier, they stared at me like they saw a Greek God and then they talked using the language that I don’t understand.

But I just didn’t mind.

And besides, I get that reaction a lot from girls, so that’s not so surprising for me anymore.

  But why don’t you use the bed for now? I asked him when I already saw him rolling the mattress on the floor. Since I’m not gonna use it yet. I added.

I’m also tired, but I’ll wait for night time here first before I go to sleep.

  But he shook his head. I’m not so sure if I’m already up in time you’re going to sleep on it. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to sleep next to a complete stranger. Then he lie down already.

  We’re gonna stay here together for four to five months, so we have no other choice but to be familiar with each other, whether we like it or not. I told him. But if you’re really comfortable there, then.. that’s fine.

  And also.. we’re both guys, so I suppose that there wouldn’t be a problem. My roommate added then he turned, now lying facedown on the mattress.

When he did that, when he turned, his shirt accidentally lifted and it revealed his lower back and I also accidentally saw the waistband of his underwear.

I’m not really sure if what it is, but I think I saw a name Alexander on it and it’s embroidered on his underwear’s waistband.

  Oh, my God! I thought to myself while I’m trying so hard not to burst out laughing.

  Agreed. I told him while still trying to hold my laughter, then I already avoided looking at that view and suddenly, Wait, I was a bit terrified with what I’ve found out while I’m looking around. There’s no bathroom here?

  What? My roommate suddenly raised his head, he get up, and also looked around. What the —

  And then I realized, So that means.. we all going to use the same bathroom outside?

  Oh, fuck! My roommate exclaims, then he said something in a whisper while looking like he's about to cry.

                                                      •••