chapter 3

"The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again." —

                                                   Charles Dickens

______________________________________

When the car engine stopped, i came out running, trying to look for Pete's department but as I was walking towards the building, I saw him, I saw him, he is there, just a few metres apart from me, talking to what must be his students, i ran to him, I could not wait anymore, my Pete, my sweetheart, he was there, there just a few steps apart from me as I thought this I ran to him and pulled him in my arms, he was finally here, in my arms again, healthy and alive i hugged him tight as I put my face in his nape, trying to take in his scent and calm my frantic self down .

"Khun", Pete called softly, but didn't hug me back, but I didn't care,i didn't care as long as he was in my arms.

"Pete, how are you", Vegas asked in a shaking voice as tears threatened to fall from his eyes.

"I am fine Khun, is everything okay", Pete asked in a small voice as he hesitantly patted Vegas's back stiffly.

_I am not okay Pete, I feel sick", Vegas lied when he regained his senses because he knew it was not like him to hug pete and cry, Pete would feel uncomfortable and might even be suspicious of him.

"What happened, do you have a fever, or does your stomach hurt", Pete asked worried and pulled away from the hug to take a look at Vegas's face.

"I just have a really severe headache, i am feeling nauseous because of it so I saw a doctor nearby and thought I will pick you up to go home together but I feel dizzy so I hugged you to calm down",  Vegas explained trying to not make Pete suspicious, from what he knew about Pete, he always trusted him easily and never asked anything back so this should be fine.

"You are coming home", Pete asked hesitantly because Vegas had not come home for almost three months, he was always in the major family mansion and rarely came back only to get his stuff sometimes.

"Yes, i am sick of Porsche, he is always whining like a puppy, i am coming back home and will never go back to major family mansion again",  Vegas explained and led the way to his car, he wanted to hold Pete's hand but didn't dare to so he softly touched his finger with Pete's.

"You are sick of Porsche?, Did he ....he say something to you that..hurt you?", Pete asked in disbelief,he could not believe what Vegas had said just now, didn't Vegas love Porsche, he clearly remembered the day when Vegas had told him that he liked Porsche, it was the first time in Pete's life that he had cried, he was not used to feeling pain and that was the first time he felt like his heart was being stabbed.

"Why would that ugly Porsche's words hurt me, he is delusional and thinks everyone likes him, ahh my, where does he get that confidence, he is a weirdo",  Vegas complained and opened the car door for Pete, which shocked him to core.

"Are you really okay", Pete asked worried, he had never seen Vegas being so chatty and on top of that talking about Porsche like that, he must have been heart broken, he remembers last time he drank and came home crying, he cried for the whole night, asking, why didn't you choose me, why do you not love me, Vegas had been so pained at that time and it was only less then three months ago.

"Yes, i said I have a bit of headache, let's go have some food together", Vegas asked in a cute small voice, Pete felt like, Vegas had hurt his head somewhere or maybe he was using him as a rebound.

"No, i have some work to do, I need to be at home immediately, i have already eaten, if you want you can eat first, i will go by myself", Pete answered confused by Vegas's sudden weird behaviour.

"No,No, No, let's go home together, i am not hungry, not hungry", Vegas Pleaded.

"Okay",Pete said and sat in the car reluctantly, Vegas also got in the car and started the engine, the two sat in the car silently, Vegas was focusing on the road while Pete looked out of the window mindlessly, trying to comprehend the weird behaviour of Vegas.

"Umm, the work at University must be really tough and tiring", Vegas asked in a small voice, trying to make a conversation.

"Ah, yes a bit but I like it so it's okay", Pete answered without really putting any thoughts to his words.

"You didn't tell me, you work at the University, i just got to know it from Porsche today", Vegas said with a soft smile playing on his lips.

"Am I obligated to tell you everything, you didn't state it in our marriage contract", Pete asked agressively, why was Vegas being like this, like he cared for him,but all Vegas ever thought was about Porsche so why was he trying to act like he cared for him, was he trying to lead him along, Pete had already had enough, he didn't have any  hope for this relationship anymore.

After all it was only him, who had given and given in the last three years, did Vegas ever look at him, did he ever love him, it was only him who was in love, love at first sight with Vegas when he saw him in the pub, it never meant anything to Vegas, never.

"I..i..a..am .....so..rry", Vegas said as the smile disappeared from his face and he started choking, he looked forward to the road as he felt his tears flow down his cheeks.

"It's okay, but please refrain from trying to meddle into my personal life from now on", Pete said a short sentence and the silence fell in again in the car.

Vegas slowly wiped his eyes as the tears had started blurring his vision, in a few minutes they were in front of the minor mansion gate, the guard opened it and the car entered the grounds, Pete got out of the car, before Vegas could say anything more to him and went inside the mansion.

Why, why, why is it always me who is left alone, why does not pete still love me, why am I still the only one trapped in this unrequited love, in both my lives why am I still the one alone even after having my love in front of me.

Why did I have to fall in love at first sight with him when I saw him that day, Vegas thought clenching the steering wheel tightly and cried hysterically.

____________________________

Hello guys, long time no see, how are you, I hope you all are doing well.

Please Comment and vote .

See you as soon as I feel your love for this story.