Chapter 10

"I love you", Vegas said in a daze, not really knowing what he was doing.

"But, i promise, i am not gonna disturb you or make you feel uncomfortable, i will try to stay away from you", Vegas explained further, hysterically, still in a confusion.

"I love you too", Pete answered in a low voice, putting his hands on Vegas's shoulder to calm him down.

"Huh?", Vegas asked dumbfounded, *am I not supposed to get rejected and cry like I became an orphan, like the last three years*, Vegas thought looking at Pete.

"I said I love you, I love you a lot", Pete gathered all the energy in his body and hugged Vegas to relax him and even out his troubled breathing.

The two stayed like that for a good ten minutes, Vegas calmed down and registered everything that had happened since he woke up this morning and Pete also finished thinking things through. When a frown appeared on Vegas's face and his shoulders stiffened.

"You don't love me", Vegas mumbled as a small tear fell from his eye.

"What are you saying, why do you think I don't love you", now it was Pete's turn to be confused.

*Why would Vegas say something like that, didn't I do everything to make him happy and love me in the last three years, what's wrong with him*, Pete thought as he let go of Vegas and faced him head on.

"You don't love me, you just pity me, you feel pressured because of my feelings, you actually hate me, right" Vegas said trying to control the resentment in his words as he looked at Pete, like he he was wronged by him.

"Why are you saying that, i have loved you for a long time, do you know that, I love you so much", Pete explained and tried to hold Vegas's hand, but he dodged it and kept his hands behind his back, like an unwilling child.

"If you love me, then why did you do that?", Vegas asked resentfully.

"What did I do,hmm, tell me, okay" Pete pleaded in a soft voice, trying to coax Vegas into talking to him.

"The day after our wedding, I bought you roses to confess my love, I made the bouquet myself and it took me three hours of painstaking efforts to make it, but you didn't even look at it before crushing it with your feet, if that's not hate then what Is it?", Vegas asked with his head down.

As pete heard these words, he was taken aback, he never thought about why Vegas brought that garbage home, but he didn't know if he should tell him, what will happen, if one thing leads to another and Vegas gets to know everything, will he still say he loves him, Pete was unsure, seeing Pete was standing there silently, in a daze, Vegas tried to leave disappointment but suddenly Pete held his hand.

"I will tell you, okay, i will tell you why i did that, please listen to me", Pete said holding Vegas's hand tightly, no matter what happens, he will tell Vegas why he did that first and then think about everything else.

"I am listening", Vegas said aggrievedly.

"Actually, it has nothing to do with you, i just hate roses, i hate all kinds of roses, that make my blood boil with anger" Pete said as he thought of something and frowned his face in an irritated expression, but Vegas didn't say anything,he just looked at him for further explanation.

" You know I am an orphan, I never got my family's love or care, i grew up in a place that was worse then he'll, but do you know, my parents didn't abondon me because they could not take care of me, no,they actually were well off enough to take care of a child, not was I born by mistake, i was a child born after much planning,but", Pete took a deep breath and looked at Vegas, who was looking at him like an affectionate little puppy, wanting to rub his owner all over to make him comfortable, pete smiled looking at his face and made him sit in a chair and sat himself in front of Vegas.

"Anyway, i was not abondoned straight after being born, i was actually a well loved child, apparently according to what i have heard, one day I was with my mother in the garden, and that woman loved Red roses so she had them in front of her, like she was really obsessed with them, so I naturally came in contact with them, after only 15 minutes, blisters appeared on my whole body, making me look like a monster baby, so when the doctor saw me, they concluded that I was allergic to roses, and my mother had to stay away from roses, until she needed to breastfeed me, that woman could not bear looking at my ugly face that day and decided to give me away, when the story spread once I was old enough, everyone started giving me red roses to mock me and hence I came to hate them all , not to mention I am also allergic to them", Pete explained taking a deep breath, when he finsihed he looked at Vegas again, who looked more pitiful then before.

"I am sorry, I should have asked you first, if you liked them or not, evil roses, i am never going to look at them again", Vegas comforted in a small voice and hugged pete again.

"Then, who is Evan", Vegas asked hesitantly.

"He is my be