chapter 8

Vegas completed all his work in his office and after cheering up Porsche in the office, he got out and drove straight home, hoping that pete would be back and to his surprise when he got back, Pete was indeed back home, sitting in the living room, working on his laptop.

"I am back", Vegas announced as he saw Pete immersed in his work and smiled brightly.

"Welcome back home", Pete said looking up from his laptop.

" When did you get back" Vegas asked again, trying hard to make a conversation with him.

" Just got back 20 minutes ago, have you eaten yet", Pete asked in a relatively calm and relaxed  tone, making Vegas afraid.

*Why is he acting like this all of a sudden?* , Vegas thought, looking at him warily.

"No, let's eat together, i will take a shower first" Vegas answered and ran upstairs happily.

"Hmm, Lee said I need to act calm and lovingly, lovingly, i am cute..cute, cute, that's how I can tie him by my side forever, yes, i am a cute and kind teacher,yes", Pete said in a low voice reminding himself how to behave in front of Vegas.

After 20 minutes, Vegas came down in a tee and casual trousers, feeling comfortable he looked at Pete who had already set their dinner on the table.

"Thank you pete, i am so hungry", Vegas said in a soft voice and walked to Pete, giving him a small smile before sitting down on his chair to eat.

"How was your day, are you too tired nowadays", Pete asked taking a bite of his food.

"Hmm, it's okay, it's just we signed a new contract lately so I have been working for that", Vegas answered calmly.

"Well, that's a good news", Pete  answered awkwardly, after all this was the longest normal conversation which he had with Vegas.

" Pete", Vegas called looking up to him with puppy eyes.

"What happened", Pete asked curiously.

"Porsche was upset, you didn't want to invite your friends over, he almost cried in my cabin while calling you", Vegas asked in a low voice, trying to know why Pete didn't want them to know his friends, but hearing this sentence Pete's face twisted and the calm expression turned into an annoyed frown.

"So now you are blaming me for not taking Porsche's orders, he was wrong, how can he just tell me he is inviting my friends over, like this is his home", Pete yelled, as he threw the glass off the table.

"I am not saying that, i just wanted to tell you", Vegas tried to explain in a hysterical way.

"Shut up, i am not Porsche's servent, why should I kick the soles of his shoes and take his foolish whims as order from a master", Pete yelled again.

"Pete, listen to me, that's not what I mean, why are you taking  things out of context, Porsche didn't do anything like that, he just genuinely wants to meet your friends", Vegas explained again.

"Oh yeah, i remember,i am the only brainless foolish dog here, right,how can your love Porsche say anything wrong", Pete was at the end of his wits, why was everything always about what Porsche wants, why did Vegas never care about him, why did he always have to follow Porsche's wishes and tantrums, Pete was already tired of acting like someone he was not.

"What are you saying, how come Porsche is my love, Pete, use your brain he is my cousin's husband, how can you say something like that", Vegas asked horrified, Porsche and he has always been the bestest of friends, but there was never a time when Vegas was romantically involved with that pug.

"Oh, why ,did I say something wrong, isn't your Porsche your dumb first love,why are you acting like a saint now", Pete asked sarcastically.

"He is not, why would he be, he is like my brother", Vegas said.

"Then who is your first love", Pete asked, burning with anger and jealousy.

"It's you damn it, it's you, i have always loved you", Vegas answered angrily

"What?", pete asked confused, this, it should not be like this.

"Why don't you tell me who is Evan, First, why is he always calling you, even in the middle of the night", Vegas asked back.

"Evan he is my....." Pete paused, taking a deep breath, *no, no,no, Vegas can't know Evan, never, the two should not know each other*.

"Why don't you answer me, who is he, is he your boyfriend, are you cheating on me, why the fuck don't you want me to know anything about you, do you care about me, do you even like me or you hate me to the depths of hell, why don't you answer", Vegas asked aggrievedly.

"He is not, he is just, just an accquintance, i know,and about my friends,you don't need to know them", this time it was Pete's turn to try to smooth things over. 

" Pete, tell me the truth, are you in love with him, what's so good about that chicken leg huh, just tell me what do you like about him, i will do all those things, okay, just tell me and what don't you like about me, is it my face, my body, my style, my hair, what is it, just tell me, i will change it all Pete, for god's sake, just don't love that person anymore, i am begging you, don't cheat on me anymore, please", Vegas said crying his heart out, while holding Pete's hand in his own.

"Vegas, it's not like that, he Is not my boyfriend", Pete said, still in confusion and shock.

"Than why can't you tell me who he is, is he your friend, swear by my life and tell me truthfully, who is he to you", Vegas asked helplessly.

"He is not my friend, he is just, he is, he is someone you just can't know", Pete tried to explain but stopped in the middle, he could not tell Vegas who Evan is.

"So, you can't tell me who it is, you regard your relationship with him, more then our marriage", Vegas asked as he let go of Pete's hand, and looked at him like an abondoned wife.

"It's not that", Pete came closer but Vegas dodged him.

"Then tell me the truth, what are you two, don't lie to me, i hate liars", Vegas asked stubbornly.

"I can't tell you, sorry", Pete said taking a step back, he can't tell a lie and he can't tell the truth.

"Okay, i am going upstairs, I need to calm down, sorry, you told me before not to probe your personal life but I still asked you about your relationship, this will not happen again in the future, i apologise", Vegas said in a calm voice, with his fists clenched.

"Vegas, listen to me", Pete tried to stop him.

"Let's talk about it the day, when you tell me who that fuckhead is" Vegas rebuked and went upstairs again.

________________________________

Guys do comment and vote.