Chapter 38

"Because you saved me , when I was 14,at that time I ran away from that hell, i didn't know what to do but I didn't want to live at that time, so I thought of something and tried to jump in the river, when a boy held my hands", Pete said and sighed as he looked at Vegas.

"You know I was terrified at that time, i thought, i was being dragged back but, do you remember what you said to me".

"I?", I save you, what did I say?", Vegas askee dumbfounded.

"Hey kid, what are you doing, come up", Vegas said as he dragged Pete down from the hill.

"You know, there are people who are going through worse, you want to end your life why, because you could not finish your homework, or did your mom not buy you candy?", Vegas asked as he kneeled in front of Pete and looked at him angrily.

"Hey answer me", Vegas called, shaking Pete's body.

"Let Go", Pete said only two words with his hands clenched tightly.

"Let go, you punk, is that how you talk to your elder, so rude", Vegas said and slapped Pete on the face, pete was about to punch his face when Vegas got up and smacked his head, since Pete was short he could not do anything.

"What can you do shortie, go home and drink some milk, when you get older and stronger you can hit me back", Vegas said but then clicked his tongue, "tsktsktsk, I forgot you are going to die, how can you do anything to me", he remarked sarcastically as he looked down at the guy.

"When I grow up, i am going to pluck out you heart, fry it and eat it", Pete said venomously, and Vegas shook his head at the Little guy's word, as he thought the kid was really spiteful.

"I am not playing around, after getting out, i will hunt you down", Pete said and spt at Vegas'shoes.

"Okay shortie, let's meet when you grow up and you  can kill me then, until then you need to do your homework well", Vegas haf replied, proud of himself that he saved the kid from dying after all what other hardships could a 14 year old face other then heavy homework, he was in his own world not knowing that the little guy meant everything he had said.

"Let me take you home", Vegas offered, removing the strands of hair from his forehead.

"No need", Pete said and ran back to where he came from, at that time he wanted to die because he didn't have a purpose in life but now that he knew he had to kill this guy in the worst way possible how could he give up, so he ran back, back into the hell.

...................

"So you were looking for me to kill me", Vegas asked as he remembered Pete's bloodshot eyes, when he gave a last smack on his butt.

"Yes, of course, but no matter what I could not find you, I did everything, I searched for you everywhere and at the end I was convinced that you are either hiding somewhere or you are already dead, i was really furious at that time", Pete replied as he got reminded of those days, from the beginning till now, Vegas was the only reason for him to live.

"Ah, then you recognised me when we met at the bar?", Vegas asked blinking his eyes pitifully.

"Hmm, I did and I swear the minute I saw you i wanted to kill you, but then you were so miserable I didn't even know what happened to me, i even killed your father and uncle, it took me weeks and all my friends wits combined to realise that I actually fell in love when I saw you at the bar, so I changed my intention", Pete explained softly.

"So I might have been dead if you didn't like me then?", Vegas asked.

"Yeah, it's not might I would have killed you, who was dying because of homework and candy, at that time I didn't even know what a candy is like", pete said annoyed.

"I am sorry, I love you baby, i have been a fool from the beginning,i will buy you a bag ful of candies", Vegas said and hugged Pete.

"I love you, and I am thankful to you for saving me", pete said and hugged Vegas back.

"Mama, dada", Venice called as he ran towards the bed and jumped on Vegas and Pete and hugged both of them.

"My baby, where have you been, are you okay", Vegas asked, kissing Venice's forehead.

"I am good dada, i was worried for you, mama cried do much", Venice replied kissing his dada all over the face.

"Venice, i was not crying", Pete said pouting.

"Aww, baby, i was just unconscious, please don't cry", Vegas said as he gave a kiss ok Pete's forehead.

"I was just worried, it's all my fault I should not have injected you, Kinn woke up immediately after, but you didn't", Pete complained, hugging his son and husband close to himself.

"I am so sorry baby", Vegas apologised again.

                The End.