Chapter 11

He is like my brother and he is also pursuing one of my friends, that's why he is always calling me to tell him about my friend", Pete explained stroking Vegas's soft hair and kissed his head softly.

" Then....Then.. what about the thing that happened three months ago", Vegas asked hopelessly, he just could not help himself, he never thought Pete would ever say those words to him, so he was a little restless 

"Three months ago, what happened then?", Pete asked dumbly.

"Don't you remember, three months ago, when it was Kinn and Porsche's anniversary, you met a handsome boy,he asked about me and you said you don't know me and left without even looking at me, do you know, i was very hurt at moment, i even drank that night and cried on the road", Vegas rambled on, like a kid.

*So that's what it was, i thought he was crying and complaining about how Porsche didn't choose him, turns out it was me, i am feeling a bit relaxed now*, pete thought and smiled but he had no impression of what Vegas was talking about, he didn't even see Vegas that night.

"What boy, i don't remember anything like that happening", Pete answered in a confused voice.

"That boy, don't you remember I was standing behind you, trying to hug you, but then that boy came and you said you don't know me", Vegas pouted, how could Pete forget something this important, now Vegas was sulking more then before.

"Trying to hug me from behind?", pete thought deeply about that night and then it hit him.

"Ahh, it was you, I didn't look back, i just felt like someone was groping me inappropriately from behind so when the man came I just had the right opportunity to escape without causing a scene" Pete explained trying not to laugh.

"What, i thought you don't love me, i even drank so much and I....i didn't grope you inappropriately, i was just trying to hug you", Vegas defended, embarrassed about his actions and hid his face in Pete's nape.

"Trying to hug my butt, right", Pete teased a bit. 

*So, it was all in my head, Vegas never loved Pete but me, why was I so foolish, it turns out everything was a big fat misunderstanding and nothing*, Pete sighed, both regretfully and thankfully, regretfully that if he had just talked to Vegas before, they would not have to live like this and thankfully because this misunderstanding atleast got solved now, before everything going wrong, they finally found their way back to each other.

*Would I have lost Pete in last life, if I had just talked to him, why did it take two life's to solve such a little misunderstanding*, Vegas thought as he hugged Pete tightly thanking God for giving him a second chance at life.

Both were still hugging and thanking the Gods when Pete's phone started ringing, he looked at his phone on and saw those annoying mosquitoes were inviting him to a conference call.

"Take it, I would not make any noise", Vegas said  happily as he now shifted his head in Pete's lap, trying to take as much warmth as possible from him.

"Okay", Pete answered with a small voice and answered the call.

"Hmm, what's wrong with you all, why are you calling so early in the morning"pete reprimanded his friends and Vegas rubbed his face in Pete's hands.

*This is my first time seeing him annoyed, he looks cute like this*, Vegas thought shyly.

"Are you coming to the work trip, i have made arrangements" , Earth asked as much annoyed as Pete.

"I am not going, you can take someone else, i am going to stay at home", Pete answered as he ran his fingers through Vegas's hair, who was like a dog.

"Really?, Is this because of brother in law", Leo asked amused, this was the first time he said he wanted to stay home.

"None of your business" ,pete answered.

"Did you tell him about everything, tell me ,i am excited,what was his reaction?", Evan asked cunningly.

"Evan",. Pete called in an threatening tone as he didn't want to curse in front of Vegas, but as soon as he said this name, Vegas's ears perked and he became attentive, Pete saw his little moment and shook his head.

*He will never stop doubting Evan*, he thought and after a moment said .

"Evan,do you want to talk to your brother in law, let him tell you what happened here?", Pete asked trying to reassure Vegas of his relationship with Evan.

"Okay", Evan said excitedly.

"We want to talk to him too" Kram chipped in enthusiastically.

"Here" Pete said and pushed the phone to Vegas.

"Me?", Vegas asked in disbelief, this was the first time pete let him talk to his friends.

"Hmm", Pete hummed softly.

"Okay", Vegas said and took the phone from Pete impatiently to hear from this Evan bitch.

"Hello", Vegas greeted all of them a bit reservedly.

"Hello Brother in law, i am Leo",  Leo greeted from the other end of the phone.

"Hi Brother In law, how are you, he didn't beat you up, right, oh sorry, forgot to introduce myself I am Evan, Lee's boyfriend", Evan chattered.

"Evan", Vegas called a bit of jealousy rising through him but then he looked at Pete who was looking at him cutely.

"Stop saying that about...pete..and I am not your boyfriend" Lee shouted.

"Brother in law, how did you impress him,please give me some tips, i want to win over my boyfriend", Evan whined.

" I said, i am not your boyfriend Evan", Lee shouted again and a scream escaped Evan's mouth.

"I am going to get killed, brother in law, save me", Evan yelled as the noises grew louder.

" We will talk some other time, right now, i have to take care of something", Lee said in an annoyed voice and hung up with Evan following him 

"Sorry, Brother in law, my boyfie is going out, I need to accompany him", Leo chirped and hung up too.

"I will talk to you tomorrow, i have got some work, have a good weekend, Brother in law", Earth said and hung up.

"They are really messy and noisy", Vegas said smiling as he gave the phone back to Pete.

"Yeah, they are really annoying,but they grew up with me, so they are really  close to me", pete replied.

"Then, invite them for dinner", Vegas requested, wanting to see everyone of them personally.

"Dinner" pete said a bit unsure about the idea but then he looked at Vegas who was looking at him with pitiful eyes .

"Okay, i will", pete said admitting defeat .

"Inform Porsche too, i beg he is too upset with me" Pete requested.

"Okay, i will" Vegas answered happily.