𝟏𝟔.

𝐒𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧
─────── ☼ ───────

Hours had passed and no sign of Colette yet, Taylor hadn't spoken to Travis since she yelled at him earlier, she didn't even know where he was and quite honestly she didn't care, all she cared about in this moment was where Colette was, who she was with and why the hell they hadn't found her yet.

Colette however was seeing a very different chain of events. After being pulled out of bed, she let out a gut wrenching scream, hoping to alert her mother and Travis. She could only assume they didn't care or weren't quick enough, because before she knew it, she was being carried in the dead of night, as the person sprinted out of sight with her. She was sobbing, her mouth being covered by a hand to quieten her noise. As they reached a rather small house, they pulled the child inside, bolting the door as they placed her on the couch. Surprisingly, the house was warm, and very nicely decorated.

" shh baby no need to cry, daddy is here " Joe coaxed, rubbing Colette's back as she flinched at his touch

" m-mommy. Please I want mommy " colette cried out, backing into the corner of the room, her blanket in her arms and she buried her face into it, the only thing reminding her of home. The sweet scent of Taylor lingering on it.

" don't be silly coco, daddy's here and he's missed you so much! " Joe lifted colette into his arms, much to her protest, as she continued to sob for her mother.

Joe left her to it for a moment, making her a hot chocolate and giving it to her to drink. She was hesitant at first, but she realised that although she didn't know much about him, he was still her daddy and maybe he was just trying to be nice. She took small sips on it, till it was empty and Joe took the cup to the sink.

" p-please can I go home now? To mommy and Travy? " Colette pleaded, tears still falling from her blue eyes, Joe had to admit how identical she was to Taylor, and it almost made him remorseful for everything, but not enough to return his daughter

" this is home now baby girl. I don't think you'll be seeing mommy or Travis again, but it's okay, you have me sweet girl, and maybe we should think about getting some sleep huh? That be nice " Joe carried Colette upstairs, and tucked her into the bed, her blanket cradled against her face as he planted a small kiss on her forehead. Telling her he loved her. She didn't reply, instead once he left, she violently sobbed into her pillow, longing to just be in her mothers arms again, so bad.

Press conference, interviews, search teams, nothing had seem to guide Taylor's daughter home in the past week. It had been a full week since she had seen her baby, and she wasn't sure how she was still alive. Well, she barely was. She's stopped eating, only when forced to by Travis because she had to feed the babies, she didn't exchange words with anyone, unless it was a police officer or a news reporter on the look for Colette. Travis knew it was far from easy for her, and he was pained that she felt as though she couldn't confide in him. He didn't want her to go through it alone, but she pushed anyone away who had tried to comfort her. Understandably really. Nothing he could say or do would bring Colette home and there was no doubt that he was nervous too, he was terrified for her. Where she was, or who she was with. He loved Colette like she was his own, so this had taken a toll on him as well. Their families had tried their best to support the couple, but realistically, the only thing to make this all better would be if someone turned up with Colette.

" Travis, please get off my fucking case. I am about to eat, just leave me alone okay? Just stop telling me what to do all the time, it's pissing me off " Taylor yelled, for yet another time that day, Travis couldn't blame her, of course this was going to have an emotional effect on her. But it annoyed him that she couldn't see that he was trying to help, and her not eating wasn't going to solve anything. She was 18 weeks pregnant with twins, that's not healthy to do, at all.