Chapter 31 (part 4)

Sunday, March 13th, 4:35am

Anasi stood in front of the solid stone wall, waiting for the next deadly weapon to be thrown at her. So far, Lucifer wasn't making a dent.

Rustling around in her pure white saree, covering every inch of her body from her wrists to her ankles, with the fabric ends hand stitched with small, gold designs, she wondered why he even tried to hurt her. Maybe to find her weakness?

"AH HA!" Lucifer shouted by his library wall. He pulled a dagger from one of the books that was acting as a makeshift bookmark. Pointing the tip at her, he described the dagger as "perfect for killing immortals!"

Anasi made a face as she shifted in her worn leather sandals. Her golden bracelets jangled on her wrists as she fixed her white hijab and made sure not to ruin her clean, sharp cut winged eyeliner that matched the darkness of her maroon lips.

"What makes you think this one is the exception?" Anasi asked, letting her hands drop to her sides.

Lucifer brought the dagger near the small light standing on a nearby desk. The dagger hummed with power. Its golden hilt shined as Lucifer turned it around in his hand.

"This dagger was crafted by Ghengis Khan himself," Lucifer began. Great, another history lesson. "Quite the gentleman. Most definitely an action over words kind of chap. Anyway, he carried this dagger since he began his journey through the mountains. Every few years, the chap would re-polish and fix any stains or dents made in the metal or hilt. I was given it as a gift before he died.

Anasi raised a perfectly sculpted eyebrow. "You think a historical artifact has the power to kill me? How has it not turned to dust yet?"

Lucifer smirked. "Because just like other multi-millenia artifacts, you must keep them well-oiled and, if used, must be properly cleaned and taken care of."

Anasi rolled her eyes. "You didn't answer my first question. Do you really think a historical artifact has the power to kill me?"

Lucifer spun the dagger in his hand with ease. "It depends. The better question is: Are you willing to let something dictate whether it makes you vulnerable or not?"

Quicker than light, He threw the dagger at Anasi, aiming straight for the spot in between her eyes.

But as quick as he was, she was faster. She clapped her hands over the blade of the knife, catching and stopping it just before the tip pierced her skin.

Tim tossed the blade he just caught up into the air. As it came back down, he grabbed the hilt and spun the dagger around, getting used to the feeling.

He was sore from another half day of travel, but he also knew how important it was to be training with his brothers and sisters.

Everyone was on the mats. It was weapon and hand-to-hand combat work today and despite Tim always having something going on back in Smallville, he somehow still wasn't as good as the rest of his siblings when it came to close-up work. He'd have to ask Bernard to send him more training videos and exercise skills to perfect.

"No!" Tim shouted at Duke Thomas, who was already running towards him. As Tim parried and defended himself, he sighed in annoyance. "Do you want me to shout it any louder? No, I'm tired, not stupid! No, I haven't forgotten your lessons! No, I'm rusty, not sloppy! And I thought the Bat said no more headshots!"

Duke tried to swipe his feet out from under him, but Tim just backhand-sprang away. Duke laughed and kept Tim on his toes, trying to get him to fall. "It wouldn't have been a headshot if you were taller! That's all your fault!"