Chapter 13

"I feel bad that you are always over at our house at these times." Lois tried smiling as she brought the three teenagers into the house. Jordan walked in first and went straight up the stairs. Seconds later, the water was running and the sound of bandages being open echoed through the house.

Wonder Girl laughed warmly, as she shuffled through the doorway with Jonathan still on her shoulder. He smelled like throw up, but at least it wasn't on her at all. Jordan got the worst of it all.

Lois quickly fixed the couch and gestured for Wonder Girl to set Jonathan down. Carefully, she flipped him on his back and fixed his head to rest on a pillow. As Lois ran to the kitchen to wash clothes and water, Clark ran in from the back door from the outside, out of breath with windblown hair. His eyes were watering from what Wonder Girl could only assume was from the wind because he also wore the meanest snarl she had ever witnessed.

"Where is he? Where is Jonathan?" He hissed, making his way into the house.

Wonder Girl put her body protectively in front of Jonathan's, careful of what Clark may do. In reality, he wouldn't do anything to harm his son, but she couldn't be too sure.

When Clark finally saw where his son was, his fighting fever shattered and his face broke. Now he looked like the concerned father he was supposed to be.

Clark looked up at Wonder Girl, fear shaking his voice as he asked, "What happened?"

Before she could answer, Jordan came bounding down the stairs in new clothes and wet hair. He must've quickly washed off because Jonathan's throw up now longer stained his hair yellow.

"Some demon, Eric, took over his body and mind." Jordan clarified walking into the kitchen. Lois ran past him into the living room and almost body checked him out of the way. "Don't know why, but it had wicked wings."

Wonder Girl rolled her eyes and stepped out of Lois's way while she kneeled next to the couch and frantically cared for her son.

"Eris, dummy. Her name is Eris." She turned to face Clark. "She is the Greek goddess of strife. Your son must've had quite some disdain for her to find him to be an appealing shell to conquer."

Clark said nothing as he watched his wife wipe her son's face. Jonathan's features looked strained, as if he was having a nightmare. Jordan walked back into the room and handed his dad a glass of water. All Clark did with the glass was hold it like a life force. Both of the males couldn't seem to speak any more.

Wonder Girl swallowed the growing anxiety building up in her esophagus. She could feel the tension so starkly in the house that if she were just a bit weaker, she'd crumple under its weight.

When Lois finally finished cleaning up her son, she stood up and went back to the kitchen. Wonder Girl heard her drop the wash cloths in the sink and the pitter patter of feet as she walked back into the living room.

Lois crossed her arms over her chest and looked at Jordan. "Explain."

So Jordan did. He shared how Jonathan took him to an empty field, how Jonathan was going to kill him if Wonder Girl hadn't shown up, how Jordan's new found powers could resist magic, and how Erin, a Greek Goddess, emerged from his body like water out of a fountain and threatened the world.

"Eris, Kent. Her name is Eris." Wonder Girl scoffed. "Get it right."

Clark took off his glasses and massaged the bridge of his nose. He sighed and sat on one of the living room chairs and said nothing. Lois just kept nodding, but her eyes were glazed over.

Wonder Girl shuffled uncomfortably. She looked out the window and saw the sun beginning to rise over the ranches of Kansas. Her heart sped up and she looked at the Kent's.

"Any questions?" She asked. "I know you may have a lot, but I do need to leave soon–"

"Where did his powers come from?" Clark asked. He put his glasses back on and clarified. "We knew he may have had powers in his system, but what triggered them? And why are they the opposite of mine and Jordan's?"

Wonder Girl shrugged and tried to cover a yawn. She looked so tired and destroyed. Her braid was almost completely undone, her entirely black outfit was torn up, bloody, and covered in hay and corn guts. And yet, she was still the most awake and alert out of the group. She was the one who wasn't shaken about what happened. She kept her head on straight. And that made sense. It wasn't her family falling apart.

"Not even any ideas?" Lois asked. Her voice wasn't hers. Lois was desperate and distraught. "Please... any information, even theories, can help. Please."

Wonder Girl huffed. "Maybe talk to him."

Lois and Clark opened their mouths, but Wonder Girl held up a hand, silencing them.

"These gods and goddesses work on the emotions of others. Think about it this way: every time you experience strife, Eris gets stronger. Every time you were to get angry, Ares would get stronger. Every time you would experience love or attraction, Aphrodite would grow stronger." She took a deep breath. "Jonathan is clearly going through some difficult times. Strife builds overtime and from unresolved bitterness and mental blocks. If anything, start with that and see what he is actually thinking and feeling."

Clark furrowed his brows. "But he has nothing to be bitter about. He gets the same education as others, he has more things than he knows what to do with, he has every opportunity, every chance to improve himself, he–"

"Would you say the same thing to your wife?" Wonder Girl snapped. She had a deadly glare in her eyes as she said, "From what I saw a few weeks ago, your wife was attacked by a demon that lives in the depression of others. Yet, what does she have to be depressed about? She had a great job, a loving family, everything only others could possibly dream about."

Lois went pale. "That's different."

Wonder Girl snarled. "I'm sure it is. Just as different as your two sons are."

Lois and Clark looked at each other, unable to see what the other was thinking.

Wonder Girl bit the inside of her cheek and walked onto the front steps. Nobody stopped her from leaving. If anything, they must've been more relieved. They no longer had to deal with the female that awakened their son's inner Kryptonian.

Jumping into the sky, she left the Kent's with whatever information they had just bombed on themselves.

Jordan watched through the living room window as the hero soared through the air with ease, back to wherever she had come from. Her blonde hair whipped in the wind, and soon enough, her black figure disappeared from view. Even his super vision couldn't find her.

Quietly, he muttered to his parents that he wasn't feeling well and didn't want to go to school. They didn't reply.

Quietly, he stood up and said he was going back to bed. His head was hurting and the bruises from him and Jonathan's fight would stand out a little too much for people to be comfortable with them.

Quietly, he climbed the stairs and tiptoed to his room. He lowered himself onto the mattress and laid his head on his pillow. Tugging his comforter up to his chin, he closed his eyes and replayed the early morning in his head.

Over and over

and over

and over

and over

and over...