Chapter 23

Sunday, December 31, 10:51pm

Gotham Grand, Floor 25

A cheer erupted as someone popped another bottle of champagne open, just barely louder than the pounding music practically shaking the floor and walls. The open floor, studio set up was just barely holding all of the people Tim had invited.

Floor 25 was a private floor, specifically reserved for Bruce and his family. That's why, instead of multiple different rooms like on the other floor, floor 25 was designed as just a large room. The east end, facing the Hudson River was the open living corridor with a balcony overlooking the river and the city. The south end was the kitchen and eating corridor combined with a bar. The west end was the corridor with all of the bedrooms and bathrooms. The north end corridor was the library, office spaces, and training area. No one was allowed in this corridor for the evening.

Tim grabbed his two drinks from Jerry, the building's most trusted bartender, and walked back into the living room. Several people stopped him to thank him about the party, and he just nodded and kept walking.

Lots of these kids were the children of elected officials and investors of the Wayne Foundation and Wayne Tech. He barely knew any of them, but he did know that this was a smart move to play on his part.

These kids were more than likely going to be inheriting their parents' businesses. If they started thinking that the Wayne businesses saw them as important people to be communicating with (even if it was just a party), their loyalties would begin to grow for the business.

Tim smiled at a passerby and scooched past a couple making out before finally returning to his corner of the room with his Smallville friends and boyfriend.

Jonathan and Jordan looked a bit uncomfortable as another set of twins were flirting with them. They both wore black pants and colored shirts. Jonathan, who wore a dark red shirt, had a pair of red shades on his forehead and a few shiny necklaces hanging around his neck. Jordan, who wore a navy shirt, had a Happy New Year plastic blue hat and sunglasses on his head.

Anasi, who had left her long hair down and untouched, wore a tight maroon, long sleeved dress with short black boots. She looked extremely entranced by Tim's boyfriend, Bernard, and his explanation on his recent research project at Gotham High School. Bernard wore regular black dress pants and a tight dark blue sweater with his blonde hair combed over.

Now all he was missing was...

"Tell me again how you managed to rent out this entire floor, cause some stuff isn't adding up." Sarah said, hooking her arm through Tim's. She wore a black mini dress with ripped stockings and short black boots. Her hair was in a half up, half down and her makeup was absolute perfection.

"I called in a favor!" Tim shouted back. And it was true. Grayson was originally going to take the floor, but Tim called for it and reminded Grayson that he was calling in his favor from when he saved Grayson's ass after almost being murdered by Cassandra Cain when she first came to the world from her original one.

"What kind of favors are you cashing in here that you get the entire floor of one of the most expensive buildings on the East Coast?" She shouted back over the noise.

"Can't you just say, "Thanks Tim! By the way, you look great!"?" He asked, rolling his eyes and handing Bernard his drink.

Sarah waved away his comment, mainly because Tim already knew how good he looked. He wore a gorgeous dark purple suit with a dark glitter hat and several beaded necklaces. He was truly looking great.

Bernard took a sip and nodded slightly, signifying that Tim had indeed gotten his order right. Tim rolled his eyes and took his spot next to his boyfriend. As if a Shirley Temple with three cherries was going to be hard to forget.