Echoes of Heroism

Location: Krishna's chambers. The great Dwarkadheesh sits in silent contemplation, his fingers twirling the small stem of a flower as he overlooks the joyous celebrations in the Kingdom at the crowning ceremony of his elder brother. 

His ears are attuned to the slight tinkling of anklets outside his room, he turns his head towards the door with a smile on his glowing features. After all, he was the one that gifted those anklets to her.

"Subhadra, you know you can come in." he chirps, dropping the flower on the table and standing up to receive his sister.

Subhadra peeked through the doorway and entered the room, joining her hands in front of her brother.

"May I ask you why you aren't downstairs celebrating, Bhrata?" she asked.

Krishna sighed, leading her to a seating area and motioning for her to take a seat. "All I wanted to see, I have seen. I was up here thinking, actually."

"About what?" she questioned, folding her hands on top of her saffron and green robes, specially suited for the royal occasion.

"About Parth." Krishna said. "He seems like he could use a guiding light in these tough times."

"Who better to guide him than you?" Subhadra smiled. "But a warrior who needs guidance?"

Krishna chuckled, "Oh Subhadra, Parth is no ordinary warrior. I believe he is destined for a greater purpose, like us all. He can only discover his true potential if I help channel his energies in the right directions." 

"When people have the strength, they often get blinded by their prowess and not know what exactly to do with it." Krishna continued. "That is was differentiates the good and the bad warriors."

"I see," Subhadra contemplated. Her eyes wandered to the flower left on Krishna's table. It had white petals and a golden yellow centre, perhaps a lily. She picked it up. The flower lay on her open palm.

"You always speak of Prince Arjun." Subhadra said. "What is he like?"

It was as if the whole constellation of stars had taken flight within Krishna's eyes. His lips curled into a smile which held eternal promise.

"Parth, ah yes, what can I tell you about Parth." he smiled. "He is a warrior of unparalleled skill, unmatched in his mastery of the bow. But beyond his prowess in battle, he possesses a heart as vast as the ocean and a spirit that burns brighter than the sun. His courage is unyielding, and his sense of duty unwavering."

He continued, "His dedication to his dharma, his duty, is what sets him apart. He seeks not just to conquer, but to protect and uphold justice. His strength lies not only in his physical abilities but in his unshakeable resolve to do what is right."

Subhadra chuckled lightly. "He must truly be remarkable to earn your praise in this way."

"That remarkability lies in his humility and readiness to sacrifice, without seeking glory for any of it."

"The maids often speak of him," Subhadra said. "But they focus on his external qualities. Sure, a prince can be charming but he should have a good heart within."

"Truly, dear sister. But let me tell you Parth is gifted with external charm as well." Krishna said, laughing.

"What would I know, I have never seen him." Subhadra said lightly. "Though I am aware Prince Nakul seems to be the gifted one in that department." Subhadra looked at the little flower, still on the palm of her hand. "The most handsome prince alive, one of the maids called him."

"Deviously good looking chap if you ask me," Krishna smirked. "He will charm every princess on this planet if they ever set eyes on him."

"Speaking of charming princesses," Subhadra's gaze turned to the window, where the guests were celebrating the crowning ceremony. "Seems like Dau has found someone to set his wandering gaze on."