Future Relationships

Location: A few months have passed. Yuvraj Balram and Rajkumari Revati are married. We reach the palace of Hastinapur, the epitome of the Kuruvansh. The south wing, where the Pandavs have welcomed their guide, Krishna, who is now steadfast friends with Prince Arjun.

"And you think Rajkumar Duryodhan could still stop Bhrata Yudhishthir from ascending the throne?" Rajkumar Bheem asked Krishna. "He is the Yuvraj. His rajya-abhishek has been completed."

"It is not in their direct control to stop you, Bhrata Bheem." Krishna replied. "Instead, I am sure they will employ other tactics to get you out of their way. I suggest you keep your eyes peeled."

"Another thing," he added. "Prince Duryodhan is aware that he cannot beat you all at once. Your strength lies in your unity."

The brothers exchanged proud glances at one another. They thanked Krishna for their help and he and Arjun left for a stroll in the gardens.

"Parth, something seems to be troubling you." Krishna noticed.

"Nothing ever escapes your eyes, Madhav." Arjun smiled. "Why is it that even though Jyeshth is the rightful heir, we have to face troubles for our birth right."

Krishna smiled one of his ever hopeful smiles and stopped walking. He faced Arjun. "Each one of you brothers is destined for a great purpose. No one ever achieves greatness without struggling. It defines your purpose, makes you who you are. What is your purpose, Parth?"

"My....my purpose is to help establish Dharma." Arjun replied, uncertain. 

Krishna chuckled softly, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Establishing Dharma is a noble purpose, Parth. But it is not a path one walks alone. Great purposes are often intertwined with the lives and support of others."

Arjun looked at him, curiosity sparked in his eyes. "What do you mean, Madhav?"

Krishna began walking again, leading Arjun through a path lined with fragrant flowers and the soft rustle of leaves. "There are those whose paths cross ours for a reason, sometimes to guide us, other times to challenge us, and often to walk beside us."

Arjun still looked confused. Sometimes what Madhav said was hard for him to comprehend. Krishna, sensing this, smiled yet again. "Walk beside us....?"

"Yes, Parth." Krishna sighed. "You are a warrior. But there are some warriors who wear no armour, hold no sword, yet fight the worst fights." his eyes shone with the presence of a divine foreshadowing of all-knowing nature.

"Remember, do not take lightly the people around you during the time of adversity." he continued, "They are often the ones who show you the right way, dissolving your every doubt. Then there are some which fuel your purpose by aligning their own with yours."

"I sense an ulterior possibility in your words, Madhav." Arjun laughed. "Are you reasoning with yourself in an attempt to get married?"

"Maybe," Krishna smiled, almost conspiratorially; the peacock feather on his crown glinting in the sunlight. "It's not me I'm talking about."

With that, Krishna left Arjun completely bewildered, standing in the garden as he made his way back to the palace to take the leave of everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Bhabhi, that there is the hall where we have the portraits of our ancestors." Subhadra guided Revati into the large hall filled with numerous portraits of various kings. "Huge. isn't it? As a child, pitashree always told me when I become a queen they'd hang my portrait there and we'd laugh."

Revati looked at her excited sister-in-law, her smile contagious. She thought it would take her some to warm up to everyone, but here she was, making everything so effortlessly easy. Revati had found a sister in Subhadra and realised why her brothers loved her so much.