9 | Opening up

Addison's POV

It's been a month since that night at the club. It brought back many memories. I had Nora to help me get through it. I went to therapy and was trying to get over my fear of knifes. After my long day I just sat in bed with a matching grey lounge sweat set.

I hear a loud thud at my window. I open it up and look down to see Thomas. I shake my head in disbelief that be is outside my house right now, I haven't seen him in what felt like forever. "Please, I want to talk" He says. I shake my head again. "Please don't shut me out."

I close my window and head outside of my house to meet him. I decided it would be better if I just listened to what he wanted to say. I stare up at him waiting for him to say something. Until it starts raining. "Come" I place my hand out and he pulls me to his car.

I hop in the passenger seat. I bounce my leg in anxiety to what could happen. While keeping his force on the road he stops my leg but placing his veiny hand on my thigh. I stop immediately due to the physical touch and somewhat comfort. We arrive back at his house. He comes around to my side and opens the door then places his hand on my back, ushering me inside. We go down the many hallways until we reach an end room. I walk in first, looking around and touching all the instruments and equipment in the room. I look back at him, "This is all yours?" "Yeah, I like doing music" he smiles at me.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask while he pats on a seat for me to sit down on. "I don't know how to really do this, I've never had to or wanted to, I feel bad that I startled you that night, I was just trying to help and make you feel better. Anyway I wrote this song because this month I've had has made me think of some things." He says nervously.

He grabs his guitar and places it on his lap as he sits down across from me. He clears his throat and takes a deep breath.

(play music at top now)

He starts playing the tune on his guitar. Until he broke out in this angelic voice. I never knew and could have never imagined him to be able to sing. He sounds amazing.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now

Was this about me? It couldn't be right.

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later, it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

Him singing these lyrics made me think of the night we danced together, maybe he felt it too.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I felt more and more pain coming from him as he continues singing. I somehow see where he's coming from it is easier to show how he feels in this way because he doesn't think that i'll understand. I feel like I'm getting what he means and who he is. A misunderstood guy under a stereotype that needs to break out of his nutshell. He was trying to make peace with his actions that night which seem to be haunting him.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know your alive

This whole song had some much emotion. I couldn't take it as he sung the chorus again and again and again. I felt the same. The world doesn't understand me either but almost he does. And I do want to open up to him, I'm just scared. A tear fell from my eye, as I watched him continuing to sing the chorus again and again. It was such a beautiful song.

I just want you to know who I am

As the song ends he looks up at me and comes forward and rubs the tear off my cheek. "That was beautiful, Tommy" I sniffled. "Well then why are you crying." I shrug. "I wrote that song about you" My eyes lighten up as he said that. "What do you mean?" He doesn't even think about what i asked him he just blabbers out, "I thought of how you make me feel and what I want to be for you". "For me?" I raise an eyebrow. "Addie come on now, don't you feel it?" he says grabbing my hand from my lap pulling it to him. I nod.

"I want to open up to you, I just can't right now" I say. "I'm not trying to pressure you or anything, I just wanted you to know how I felt" He smiles cutely. I fall forwards into him for a hug. His body tense at the sudden touch. Then relaxes as he wraps around me as I'm straddling around him. I pull back, "You don't get hugs often, do you?" "I don't really like being touch"
"Oh sorry" I say releasing my grip on him and trying to get up. He stops me and pulls me back down onto his lap. I moan at the contact I got from... "But I like it when it's you" He makes me blush and I hide my face into his neck, "I really like your song." "Well you were my inspiration" he wraps a tighter around me. We sit there holding each other and talking.