24 | Going back to the corner

"This next song is called 'The Man Who Can't Be Moved'" He sighs out.

(play music at the top)

His jaw tenses as the song begins.

Going back to the corner
where I first saw you

I thought of where we first met. The cafe on the corner, the one I always go to and the one he happened to be at that day we met.

He sung with so much emotion and the crowd could feel he was in so much pain.

Some try to hand me money, they don't understand
I'm not broke, I'm just a brokenhearted man
I know it makes no sense but what else can I do
How can I move on
when I'm still in love with you?

What did he just say? Did I hear that right? I sit up from my seat and walk over to the railing grabbing the metal pole. "Adz what are you doing?" Nora asks and I don't reply.

Thinkin maybe you'll comeback here to the place that we'd meet
And you'll see me waiting for you on our corner of the street

Is this song also about me? He doesn't love me? But the corner of the street thing...could be a coincidence. He looks up to the crowd.

Policeman says, "Son, you can't stay here"
I said "There is someone I'm waiting for if it's a day, a month, a year"

It was 3 months since I've seen him, except that night that I sung and we went for dinner.

Cause' if one day you wake up
and find that
your missing me
And your heart starts to wonder
where on this earth I could be

I miss him, why else would these few months be the hardest I've ever lived. Does he miss me? So many emotions are going through my head, I can't think straight. "What is she doing?" Belle says to Nora.

I feel the stare of everyone to my back as I block the vision of him. "Sit down lady" voices start to yell at me. I'm frozen in my spot staring at him. He still looks the same, is he happy without me?
Maybe what happened between us shouldn't have affected me as much as it did? He seemed to be getting on just fine.

Maybe you won't mean to
But you'll see me on the news
and you'll come running to the corner
Cause you'll know it's just for you
I'm the man who can't be moved

Would I come running back to him? Tears start to form in my eyes. What is happening? I grip harder on the railing and bite the inside of my mouth. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I flinch at the contact.

"Sit down people can't see" Nora says. My vision stays at him the whole time. I am speechless, his song has made me forget how to let words leave my mouth, "I-."

Nothing comes out. The song comes to an end and I blink a couple times looking at him. Is that truly him, he would never get up and perform in front of everyone. "What's wrong?" Nora asks.

"Nothing I just need to-" I cut off my words and I slid my hands across the railing as I run out while keeping an eye on him. He walks off the stage. I run down the halls. I take a second to catch my breath.

I look around. 'Thomas Delgado' I read on a door. I take a deep breath in and out. I shake my hands and walk down further to the door.