Chapter 4

After Zuo Luohuan put the muzzle back in the gift box and walked out, she saw the butler waiting outside. 

He glanced at the box in her hand and immediately recognized which family had sent it.

"This is the gift from the Ji family," the butler said as he locked the warehouse door and followed behind Zuo Luohuan. He suddenly realized, "Miss, are you planning to prepare a coming-of-age gift for the young master of the Ji family?"

Zuo Luohuan hefted the box, remembering its contents, and replied with a vague smile, "Uncle Zhao, since the young master of the Ji family personally prepared a coming-of-age gift for me, it's only right that I personally choose a gift for him as well."

The butler pretended not to notice the hidden meaning in her words and said, "Madam thought you wouldn't be in the capital on the 28th and has already prepared a gift for the young master of the Ji family. Would you like to..."

"No need. My mother can send the gift on behalf of the Zuo family. As his classmate, I'll send him a personal gift."

The butler watched as Zuo Luohuan walked upstairs, thinking to himself that she probably had some scheme in mind to embarrass the young master of the Ji family.

Back in her bedroom, Zuo Luohuan casually tossed the gift box on her desk and walked to the bedside table. She bent down and opened the drawer, pressing a spot on the wall. It flashed briefly before suddenly receding, and the entire wall split open, revealing a hidden room.

The hidden room was filled with weapons covering two large walls, including heavy artillery. There was also a long table with various short and long knives displayed on racks.

Zuo Luohuan stepped inside, her gaze sweeping over the guns on the central wall before turning to the knives on the table. She ran her hand over the topmost long knife and took it down. Holding the handle, she applied a little force to draw out the blade, revealing a gleaming, cold steel edge.

It was a fine knife, but unfortunately not one she could carry around.

In the end, she took a dagger from the lower rack. The blade was thin and flexible, made of composite fibers instead of metal. By pressing lightly on the end with a finger, the blade would bend, but once released, it would spring back to its original shape.

Zuo Luohuan tucked the dagger into her left wrist, close to her skin, and pulled down her sleeve, ensuring no one would notice anything unusual. After securing the dagger, she walked out, closed the hidden room, and returned the bedside table to its original position.

She had been in her room for less than two hours when there was a knock at the door. The knock was quiet, indicating it wasn't the butler.

Zuo Luohuan got up and opened the door, revealing an elegant woman standing outside. The woman's eyes lit up upon seeing her, but her expression quickly turned stern, her beautiful brows furrowed with anger. "You still remember how to come home? The school has sent more complaints about you, than you attending classes!"

"I'm sorry," Zuo Luohuan apologized smoothly. "I won't leave this semester."

Yi Tong looked at her daughter and finally relaxed a bit. "Come downstairs for dinner. Uncle Zhao had the kitchen prepare your favorite dishes."

"Where's Dad?"

"In the dining room, waiting for you to eat together." Yi Tong let her daughter hold her arm as they walked downstairs. "Uncle Zhao mentioned you're preparing an additional gift for Yuezhi? Don't cause any trouble. The Ji family and our family may compete for resources, but you kids don't need to get involved."