Chapter 28

The evening training session wasn't long, as the instructors could only hold classes on the military school's training grounds. However, on Saturdays and Sundays, they had two full days, and the seven students were taken out for field training early in the morning.

In the dense forest, the seven military cadets stood side by side, while four instructors and a rescue medical team waited in a makeshift tent opposite them. After a while, the instructors came out of the tent and stood in front of the cadets.

"The weapons for the military exercise will be randomly provided by the four major military schools. Anything could appear. You have two days to reach the endpoint and capture the flag. Additionally, after this training session, you will choose a team leader who will be fully responsible for leading the team during the exercise," Jia Hailan said, glancing to the side.

He Yue turned and pulled a long wooden box from the tent, while Kang Guang brought out seven survival packs, placing everything in front of the cadets.

Jia Hailan checked the timer on his wrist device. "These are the weapons for this training. Take them all and get ready to start."

Qian Mao was the first to step forward, opening the long wooden box to reveal an assortment of firearms and a bag of tools.

"Too bad, no rocket launcher," Guan Xue said, slinging a survival pack over her shoulder. She handed one to Qian Mao and quickly claimed a submachine gun, saying, "I'll take the submachine gun."

There was only one submachine gun, three pistols, and two knives left, along with something else.

Jiang Hong squatted in front of the wooden box, rummaging through it before pulling out an item with two fingers. "What's this?" he asked, shocked.

"You don't even recognize this?" Kang Guang mocked. "You should quit now."

Jiang Hong stared at the slingshot in his hand. "..." Of course, he recognized it but couldn't fathom why it was included among the weapons.

"It's a powerful tool, capable of reaching a hundred meters with the right skill. The key is that the 'ammunition' can be anything," Qian Mao explained, taking the slingshot from him to inspect it. "The elastic band is quite strong. I'll attach a sight to the frame later."

Jiang Hong and Yan Yan each took a pistol, leaving Ding Wuming to choose a knife.

Ji Yuezhi walked over, picked up the last pistol, and handed it to Qian Mao.

"Thanks." Qian Mao was surprised but accepted it. Although proficient with various firearms, the pistol was his preferred weapon.

Now only a knife and the slingshot were left, with Ji Yuezhi and Zuo Luohuan yet to choose.

Zuo Luohuan stood to the side and casually asked Ji Yuezhi, "Can you use a slingshot?"

Ji Yuezhi looked at her with his clear, cold eyes and straightforwardly said, "No."

As soon as he spoke, Zuo Luohuan stepped forward, bent down, and picked up the slingshot, raising an eyebrow. "Great, I know a bit. I'll teach you if there's a chance."

Guan Xue immediately clung to Zuo Luohuan, acting coquettishly. "Teach me too, boss~"

Zuo Luohuan glanced at her and coldly replied, "Scram."

With the weapons and survival packs distributed, the seven turned and headed into the dense forest. As soon as they left, the instructors began timing them.

"Who do you think will be chosen as team leader this time?" Bai Feng asked.

"There are only two candidates: Zuo Luohuan and Ji Yuezhi," Jia Hailan said thoughtfully. "Hard to say."