Chapter 5

The Federation's capital is flourishing in every corner. Compared to Xijiang Exile Star, even the people walking on the streets here seem more dignified.

Yan Yan walked down the street in clothes that weren't old but certainly not stylish, attracting glances from passersby. Apart from feeling a bit out of place when he first arrived at the port, he had since stopped caring. People here dressed well and ate well, but many of them were all show and no substance.

Arriving at the address Zuo Luohuan had given him, Yan Yan showed the card, and the waiter immediately escorted him to a private room. It was his first time in such an upscale restaurant, and he couldn't help but look around. Seeing snacks on a nearby table, he asked the waiter if they were free.

"...Yes."

When Jiang Hong arrived, he saw Yan Yan stuffing his face with snacks, one hand full and the other pocketing more, while the waiter stood by, unsure of what to say.

"Are you starving?" Jiang Hong asked disdainfully.

Yan Yan glanced at him, saw it wasn't Zuo Luohuan, and ignored him, continuing to eat.

"...Pack two large bags for him," Jiang Hong told the waiter. "The biggest bags you have."

Recognizing Jiang Hong, the waiter sighed in relief and went to get the bags.

Leaning against the table, Jiang Hong picked through the snacks without taking any. "The dishes upstairs are the real deal. If you fill up on these, how will you eat later? Zuo Luohuan's paying, so you might as well order a few more dishes."

"What's it to you?" Yan Yan snapped.

Jiang Hong shrugged and took the bags from the waiter. "You go ahead. We're together, so I'll bring him up."

The waiter bowed gratefully to Jiang Hong. This big guy seemed odd, and any mistake in service could cost him.

"Stop eating. These two bags are yours." Jiang Hong handed the bags to Yan Yan." Are you so poor you can't get enough to eat, or is there something special about your metabolism?"

He couldn't imagine that people in the Federation still faced such issues. The local relief agencies received so much donated food that they couldn't give it all away. How could anyone on a proper star be hungry?

Yan Yan wiped his mouth, grabbed the bags, and asked, "Where's the meal?"

Jiang Hong: "...Damned stubborn freshman!"

"Upstairs. Zuo Luohuan always likes to arrive early, so she should be waiting in the private room." Jiang Hong led the way and glanced back at Yan Yan. "What did you think of fighting Ji Yuezhi? His moves against you were textbook-level."

Despite not differentiating yet, Ji Yuezhi's skills were top-notch, which wasn't surprising given his reputation alongside Zuo Luohuan, not just because of his family background.

"He's very strong," Yan Yan said solemnly. "But I'll definitely beat Ji Yuezhi someday."

As Jiang Hong opened the private room door, Zuo Luohuan turned to look at them. She said coolly, "You? Beat Ji Yuezhi? In your next life."

"Why can't I win?" Yan Yan scoffed at Ji Yuezhi, thinking the Disciplinary Committee members were all just about appearances. "I'll get stronger."

Zuo Luohuan let go of her whiskey glass, her fingers brushing lightly against it. She looked up with a half-smile. "A brawler can't beat Ji Yuezhi."

"Why is it always about Ji Yuezhi?" Jiang Hong plopped into a seat across from her, seemingly forgetting he started the topic. "I'm hungry. Let's get the food."