Chapter 21

On Saturday, Yan Yan finally received a message from Zuo Luohuan: 【10 PM, old building of the Weapon Department.】

There are many old buildings at the First Military School. They're not used for teaching, and the school didn't demolish them, using them instead for storing teaching equipment. The old building of the Weapon Department is one of these.

Yan Yan received the message at 9 PM. He had just left the Challenge Hall, where he had been working hard to earn credits and pulled himself back from the brink of expulsion.

Originally, he was going to return to his dormitory, but he changed direction and headed to the old building of the Weapon Department.

There were usually no students here, especially on Saturday nights. The streetlights were dim and faint. Yan Yan wasn't afraid though; the planet Xijiang was far darker at night. Besides, this was the First Military School.

He arrived a little after 9 PM and saw no one. It wasn't until nearly 10 PM that Zuo Luohuan slowly walked over from the other side.

Seeing Yan Yan at the door, she squinted and asked, "Why didn't you go inside?"

"10 PM, old building of the Weapon Department. Didn't say which classroom," Yan Yan replied gruffly.

Zuo Luohuan raised an eyebrow, "You didn't think to check inside?"

Yan Yan was interesting. When they first met, he had brazenly violated rules and fought with a senior at the school gate, looking like a muscle-brained Alpha. But in reality, he paid attention to details. The crumpled invitation he received came back smooth, showing his careful nature. He didn't enter the old building recklessly but waited for her outside.

Yet, he wasn't afraid to provoke the discipline office and challenge Zuo Luohuan publicly. His expression back then wasn't fake; he truly meant it.

This was a smart person.

They walked into the old building. It wasn't much different from a regular school building, just old. But Zuo Luohuan led Yan Yan into a classroom on the first floor, and his impression changed quickly.

Zuo Luohuan pressed a button on the wall, and a screen appeared. She placed her hand on it, and the floor in the middle of the classroom opened, revealing a staircase.

"Come here," Zuo Luohuan made space for Yan Yan. "Put your hand here. Next time, you can enter by yourself."

It was for fingerprint registration.

Yan Yan did as he was told. Within a minute, his fingerprint and name were registered.

"Let's go," Zuo Luohuan turned and headed down the stairs.

Yan Yan followed, observing the surroundings. The stairs were plain steel, with the paint worn off. After about two minutes, they reached the bottom.

Another door.

This time it required both fingerprint and facial recognition.

The door opened to reveal various sounds, and colorful lights spilling out. For a moment, Yan Yan thought he had entered a bar.

Once inside, the door closed, cutting off the noise from outside.

"Oh, a new member!"

"Brought by Zuo Luohuan?"

Yan Yan realized this wasn't a bar. Some people were fixing things, the colorful lights coming from their equipment, while others were watching and cheering on fights.

And right then, a cannon barrel was pointed at his face.

Yan Yan cautiously moved to the side, but the barrel followed him: "..."