Chapter 20

Seven days had already passed, and Yan Yan, holding the invitation letter, was trying to give it to Zuo Luohuan but couldn't find an opportunity. He didn't have her contact information, and it seemed she had completely forgotten about it.

Finally, a teacher rescheduled a class, giving Yan Yan a chance to head to the Combat Department, knowing she had class there today.

Yan Yan hurried along, only to see Jiang Hong, who was often with Zuo Luohuan, leaving the building from a distance. They must have already finished class!

Yan Yan hesitated but decided not to chase after Jiang Hong, continuing towards the Combat Department building, hoping Zuo Luohuan was still around.

His gamble paid off. After climbing two flights of stairs, he ran into Zuo Luohuan coming down. She raised an eyebrow upon seeing him: "Looking for me?"

Yan Yan stopped, standing at the corner of the stairs, and pulled the invitation letter from his pocket: "I signed this a few days ago and couldn't reach you."

Zuo Luohuan came down, took the letter, and glanced at the now much flatter invitation, laughing: "I forgot."

She put the invitation away and suggested: "Let's exchange contact info to avoid this next time."

Yan Yan quickly saved her contact information and watched as she continued down the stairs: "..."

Unable to hold back, he called out: "Zuo... Senior, is that it?"

He had expected at least some explanation about this 'Disciplinary Department,' its purpose, and the people involved, none of which he was provided.

Zuo Luohuan turned, waving her neural communication device: "Contact me if you need anything."

Back in her dorm, Zuo Luohuan lay down to rest but could only manage a light nap. Kang Guang's blows had left her numb, and combined with her constant headaches, she couldn't fall asleep.

At 1.pm she had Jia Hailan's command class; this time slot was generally reserved for command classes because students tended to be sleepy, and the instructors wanted them to learn to think clearly in every situation.

...

As she entered the classroom and saw Ji Yuezhi's back, Zuo Luohuan recalled what Jiang Hong had said. She couldn't help but look at his waist. Even without touching, she knew it was flexible and didn't require yoga.

Ji Yuezhi seemed to sense her gaze, turning his face slightly, his expression indifferent.

Zuo Luohuan met his eyes, didn't flinch, and even smiled, greeting him: "Good afternoon, classmate Ji."

Separated by the length of the classroom, Ji Yuezhi's gaze swept over her face before quickly looking away, not responding.

Usually, Zuo Luohuan preferred sitting in the back row, but today, her pain made her irritable. Fang Yong's medication wasn't effective, and Ji Yuezhi's coldness annoyed her further. Remembering the night of the coming-of-age ceremony, the mixed scent of her pheromones and Ji Yuezhi's iris fragrance, she walked to the front row and sat down brazenly on Ji Yuezhi's right.

Hearing the chair beside him, Ji Yuezhi frowned, suppressing his quickened heartbeat. Why did she sit here?

Despite her pain, Zuo Luohuan smiled slightly, resting her chin on her hand: "Classmate Ji, why did you suddenly decide to take yoga?"

The classmates, upon hearing this, perked up, ears straining to listen. Typical Zuo Luohuan, directly asking the question everyone wondered about.

Ji Yuezhi's fingers twitched slightly. He raised his eyes as if just noticing her, his gaze sweeping over her lips, paler than usual. Her wound wasn't healed?