Chapter 17

Just like the first time they'd kissed, a thousand butterflies were currently soaring through Lexa's entire body, but this time there was none of the hesitation present. Lexa had two weeks to realize she wanted Clarke and Clarke had long made her way into Lexa's life and heart. There was no turning back at this point, so there was no use in denying it or fighting it. Really, she could barely remember her reasons for wanting to keep her distance at all.

And with the blonde's soft, warm mouth against hers, not one bone in Lexa's body was even thinking of pulling away. In fact, she wanted to get closer still. Which is exactly what she did.

She gently cups the blonde's face between her hands and deepens the kiss, and she sighs happily when she feels two arms snaking around her waist, pulling their bodies flush together.

Slowly, the CEO pushes forward, and the blonde lies back, their lips and bodies staying connected throughout.

"Is this okay?" she asks, studying the face of the woman lying below her.

"Yes," the blonde breathes, tugging Lexa's shirt and reconnecting their lips again.

The blonde's hands rest lazily on Lexa's hips and her thumbs rub back and forth against the small sliver of bare skin between the brunette's shirt and pants, leaving a path of fire wherever they touch.

The brunette readjusts her position to be more comfortable, straddling one of Clarke's legs in the process and her lips curl up into a smile against the blonde's when the latter's grip on her hips tightens.

"Something funny, Ms. Evergreen?" the woman below her asks, her voice raspy.

"No, ma'am," Lexa mumbles against the blonde's lips, but the smile doesn't disappear from her mouth.

With a strength that Lexa hadn't expected from the blonde, she gets flipped over so that their positions are switched. Lexa feels the heat rise in her lower stomach. However, unwilling to give up her power so easily, she bends the knee of the leg Clarke is straddling and her thigh brushes against the blonde's core.

The blonde gasps. This new position kept her locked in place, keeping Lexa in control. Somewhat.

"Still okay?" Lexa asks, checking in with her date.

Clarke nods her head, her bottom lip sucked between her teeth.

Running her fingers through the blonde's hair, Lexa breathes, "You're so beautiful, Clarke."

"Have you seen yourself, Ms. Evergreen? Absolutely stunning."

Lexa's grip in the blonde locks tightens ever so slightly as she tugs the other woman closer again so they can continue their kiss.

And so, they lie like that for a while, lips interlocked, hands slowly getting bolder as bodies are explored, breathing gradually becoming heavier and more erratic with every touch and every swipe of one tongue against the other. Until Clarke's nimble fingers finally sneak slightly below the hem of Lexa's pants before stopping their movements.

"Lexa? Is this what you want?" Clarke asks, suddenly sounding insecure.

"Yes, Clarke. I want all of you if that's what you want as well. I want you," she responds, her pupils dark and her eyes heavy-lidded. And all Clarke can do is nod, her eyes just as dark and hungry as the other woman's.

Impatient now, Lexa unbuttons and unzips her own pants, pulling them down as far as they will go with the other woman still on top of her.

Clarke slides down the brunette's body, taking the pants with her, before retaking her spot on Lexa's thigh. Then, she starts to unbutton the brunette's shirt, exposing her toned body and a black lace bra as the shirt falls open.