- Seventh -

"Argh, another big, shitty day!" Jimin exclaimed, stretching. "I'm glad it's finally over."

"I've never agreed with you more!" Jungkook agreed.

This answer earned him a tap on the shoulder. He then took a quick look at his phone and sighed.

"I'll have to go Chim, it's almost time."

"Oh, you're going to work?"

"Yeah..."

When he was younger, his uncle took care of all his expenses: he housed him, clothed him and fed him. When he left home, he decided to become as independent as possible, the house he lives in being the only thing he agreed his uncle would buy for him. His mother? If he had relied only on her, he would have starved or frozen to death by now.

"What are you going to do, go home?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't know. Normally I would have gone to the library to do some work, but now I don't have the faith..."

Jungkook understood him perfectly: if he didn't need that money to live, he would have gone home to sprawl out on his bed. Especially since he hadn't slept much last night...

"If you'd like to go to the restaurant, I'll offer you a hot chocolate." Proposed the tall, dark-haired man.

Jimin's face lit up.

"Yes, I'd love one! Come on, let's go!"

He grabbed his best friend's hand and pulled him along cheerfully, while Jungkook looked amused. It was a good thing he had Jimin and his good mood, otherwise he wouldn't know what kind of state he would be in every day...

When they arrived at the restaurant where Jungkook worked, Jimin was amazed by the charm of the place. He had been there a few times before, but the place never ceased to surprise him, and in a good way. The interior was very warm, made entirely of oak wood, in warm and reassuring tones. The place was not very big, but most of the walls were decorated with long shelves full of old books, available to the customers. The large bar at the back, in the same tones as the rest of the establishment, was imposing but beautiful, with golden ornaments and romantic quotes carved all along. And if that wasn't enough, customers were immediately greeted by a sweet smell, a mixture of chocolate and cinnamon, that made you feel at home.

"Wow, it's still beautiful..." Jimin sighed.

Jungkook laughed slightly, even though he agreed with his friend. He was glad to be working here: the setting was ideal, and the pay wasn't bad either. Especially since the customers here were relatively generous with their tips.

"Oh Jungkook, you're here already? You're starting in just over half an hour!" exclaimed a voice behind them.

They didn't have time to turn around, the person had already passed them, a tray in his hand. He went to put it on the counter before turning around to face them. His long black hair fell over his face, half covering his small dark eyes. He was not very tall, but he gave off a rather impressive aura, he imposed respect. Seeing the two teenagers, he gave a small, discreet, but absolutely charming smile.

"I'm not half an hour away, hyung!" Jungkook replied with a smile.

"You work too hard, you almost make me want to exploit you!"

"You're lucky I don't make you pay for all my overtime!"

The man laughed.

"If I did, you'd ruin me, you brat!"

He then turned to Jimin, who was watching them silently, his eyes round.

"Is he a friend of yours?" the man asked.

Jungkook nodded.

"Yes, he's my best friend, Jimin! Jimin, this is my boss, Yoongi hyung."

Yoongi came closer and offered him a friendly hand.

"Nice to meet you, Jimin. If I'd known this idiot had such a cute friend, I would have made sure he brought you here sooner!"

This remark made the high school student blush, not expecting such a sudden compliment. He shyly shook his hand.

"M-Me too..." he stammered.

"Well, Hyung, I'm going to get ready!" Jungkook interrupted them. "Chim, sit wherever you like, I'll take care of your order when I get back."

Yoongi smiled.

"Don't worry about it, Jungkook, I'll take care of him. Go to the customers on the terrace when you're ready."

"Got it..."

He trotted away, under the amused gaze of his boss. The latter then turned to Jimin, who was still blushing.

"Go sit down, sweetheart, I'll be right there."

***

When Taehyung closed the door of his office behind him, coming out of his third meeting in a row, he went straight to his chair and literally wallowed in it. He shouldn't have gone out the night before, he was clearly sleep-deprived. But on the other hand... it had revived him. In the past few years, Taehyung had had a few one-night stands, both male and female, to satisfy his needs, but that was all. It had never felt this good. The thought brought a smile to his face.

I can still see him moaning under me.

He would have been lost in his reverie if the notification of a new e-mail on his computer hadn't brought him back to reality. He straightened up immediately, bending over to read the contents. It's his fiancée.

"What's up with her... huh? What's this now?"

He immediately grabbed his mobile and called Soyoon directly. He waited two rings before she picked up.

"Hello? My love?" she called sweetly on the other end of the line.

Ugh, she was calling him that again. He didn't like her little nicknames at all, it made him uncomfortable, he thought it sounded wrong. He decided not to point it out this time.

"Soyoon, I have just received your guest list..."

"Yes? Is there a problem? Do you want to add more people?"

"No, I don't. There's too much people, Soyoon."

Silence.

"What do you mean by that?" she asked more coldly.

The man sighed, he could already feel the complications coming on.

"I've already told you, I want to keep it small. The media won't even be allowed in."

"But I've already narrowed it down..."

"Well, narrow it down further. I just want the close ones. A hundred guests at the most."

She didn't answer, he could well imagine her disapproving expression.

"Soyoon?" he asked distantly.

"Yes, it's okay, I understand. Just family, and a few friends."

"Good. Send the list back to me when you've finished."

"I will."

She hung up, and he hurriedly threw his phone on the desk, sliding back into his chair with a sigh.

"What have I gotten myself into...?"