- Epilogue -

~ 10 years later ~

"Taehyung, you're going to be late!"

Sipping a cup of steaming tea, Jungkook heard someone running down the stairs, and soon Taehyung appeared in the kitchen, dressed in one of his best suits, a dark red suit that went divinely well with his long blond hair, which he had pulled back with a little gel. He had dyed it a few months ago, as soon as his first grey hairs appeared. It had to be said, he was sometimes rather insecure about his age, especially when his twenty-eight-year-old husband was the epitome of beauty. Jungkook had become much more beautiful over the years, his body having become slightly slimmer and his curves more developed. Every time Taehyung laid eyes on him, he fell in love all over again. And he was too wrapped up in his own insecurities to notice that his husband felt exactly the same way toward him.

"Wow, it's a good thing you woke me up, darling, otherwise I'd have been super late!" Taehyung exclaimed as he grabbed the cup Jungkook handed him.

He drank it in one gulp under Jungkook's tender gaze, before rushing to the dishwasher where he carefully put it away. He'd already broken a dozen in a hurry on other mornings, so he was careful now. He then went back to Jungkook, whom he kissed languidly.

"Good luck today." he whispered, smiling. "I promise I'll be as quick as I can."

Jungkook tenderly caressed his cheek in reply.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. But I'll be waiting for you impatiently."

Taehyung kissed him again, never tired of those lips in the ten years they'd been together.

"I love you darling, I'll see you later."

"I love you too. Have a good day."

***

"Kook!"

Jungkook didn't even have time to react before someone threw themselves into his arms, and the boy barely caught up his best friend.

"Watch out Chim, one day we'll both fall!"

"I don't care, you'll hurt yourself a lot more than I will."

Jungkook pouted, and they were soon joined by Yoongi, who had crossed the street with his characteristic nonchalance.

"So this is it, the big day!" he announced to Jungkook, who nodded enthusiastically.

The three of them turned to look at the building they were standing in front of. It was brand new, and magnificent with its white walls and large bay windows. Jungkook was moved by the sight. Yoongi was right, this was the big day: the young man was finally going to open his art gallery. He'd bought it with the money he'd saved over the last ten years, and Taehyung had helped him renovate the whole place, keeping costs to a minimum. This project was theirs, their little baby together, and Jungkook couldn't be prouder.

"Well then, let's go inside!" Jimin urged them, all excited at the idea of discovering the place.

"You want to go inside without us?! I can't approve that!"

They turned in unison, only to come face to face with Jin and Namjoon, who approached them smiling.

"Uncle!"

Jungkook rushed towards them and threw himself into their arms.

"You came..."

"Of course we came, you idiot!" Seokjin grumbled. "What did you think, that we were going to drink the bottle of champagne we bought at home, just the two of us?"

Jungkook couldn't contain a little laugh. His uncle hadn't changed in ten years, if anything he'd become worse. Namjoon sighed.

"Jin, stop being such a diva, it's Jungkook's day." His husband stopped him. "You can start again tomorrow if you want."

He received a slap from Jin in reply, which made the three friends laugh.

"Right, let's go inside."

***

While everyone was exploring the gallery, exclaiming, stars in their eyes as the place was so magnificent, with all these works of art that Jungkook himself had created himself, the young man felt two powerful arms embrace him, and he was discreetly kissed on the back of the neck.

"It's really beautiful, baby." Taehyung whispered in his ear. "It looks so much like you, it's incredible."

Jungkook turned and kissed him, wrapping his arms around his neck.

"We've worked hard to bring this place to life. I'm glad we can finally open it."

"It was mostly you, sweetheart." Taehyung corrected him. "This place is the fruit of your labour. And you really should be proud."

The couple stared at each other for a long moment, smiling and exchanging brief kisses. But their little bubble was soon shattered by children's laughter.

"Jun, come back here!" shouted Hoseok behind their backs, running after his son who was having fun slipping through his fingers.

They looked at them, smiling, and were soon joined by Mina, who was carrying a sleeping little girl in her arms. Yes, in those ten years, the couple had had a third child, just as their eldest daughter had started university.

"It's really pretty, Jungkook." she congratulated the young man with a smile. "And your paintings, they're incredible, you've got real talent!"

The boy felt himself blush, under the tender gaze of the two colleagues.

"Are we going to open this bottle or not?!" exclaimed Seokjin, a huge bottle of champagne in his hands.

"We're on our way!" replied his nephew, laughing.

They all moved closer, but Jungkook stopped when he felt his mobile phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out and saw that he'd received a message. He read it quickly, and a small smile played on his lips.

"Good luck today. Mom."

A lot had changed in ten years. Already with old Jeon: he had quickly come to apologise to Jungkook, and had since made many efforts to get closer to his grandson. And as for Soyoon... it took two years, but she too came to ask his forgiveness. And she sometimes sent little messages like this one on important occasions, like birthdays. And since that famous day, she had always signed them "Mom". Their relationship would probably never be that of a mother and son, but Jungkook felt that she was making a big effort, that she wanted to make amends and move on, by his side. And he would have been lying if he'd said he wasn't happy about it. Because however obnoxious she may have been, she was still his mother.

"Darling, are you coming?" Taehyung asked, slightly worried.

But Jungkook immediately brushed it aside with his best smile. Yes, there was absolutely no reason to be worried. After all, he had everything he wanted. He was surrounded by people who loved him deeply, and who would always be there for him. So there was nothing to fear. Because no matter how difficult things got, everything would be fine.

Jungkook took a deep breath and threw himself into his arms, hugging him lovingly.

"I'm coming!"

~🖤~

Here we go, it's the end of Loving the wrong man / Step Daddy. Thank you for reading or re-reading it. I don't really know what to say here, because its a repost. I just hope this book will have the same success before it was deleted.
If you liked and want to read more Top Tae books, don't hesitate to go and see "His Obsession" and "Forbidden Love", books of mine.
Hope we will continue this journey together, and see you soon💕