- Twenty-fourth -

"Come in."

Jungkook closed the door behind Jimin, who stepped into the hall with his eyes wide open. He'd already been surprised to discover a house this size, but now his gaze was literally riveted on the enormous glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling, just above the staircase.

"Wow, you actually live in a palace..." Couldn't help but notice the little blonde.

"Yeah, I was hallucinating when I arrived too." Jungkook chuckled.

The boy gave him a quick tour of the house, and they ended up in his bedroom, sprawled out on his bed.

"I'm disappointed, your super Daddy isn't even here..."

Jungkook gave him a suspicious look.

"It's normal, he's working. And he's mine anyway, so don't even think about taking him away from me!"

"Ahah, don't worry about that... Well, all joking aside, we'd better get started, otherwise we'll never finish at this rate!"

Jungkook nodded and they both sat down at his huge desk, taking out their notebooks and computers. They'd agreed to meet today at Jungkook's to work on their presentation, and they had to hurry, as it was clearly going to be a last-minute affair. After a little more discussion, they finally got down to work, having divided up the tasks beforehand.

They worked for a good two hours in total silence. They weren't usually the serious type, but when they decided to get down to work, they knew how to isolate themselves and remain professional. It was for this reason that Jimin couldn't understand why Jungkook had been getting such bad marks at school recently. His friend was far from stupid, though, and all he had to do was work a bit to retain everything, unlike him, who sometimes struggled so much he could tear his hair out.

"Ah, I can't take it anymore!" Jimin suddenly exclaimed, moving away from the desk.

"Same thing... Did you make any progress?"

Jimin nodded.

"Yeah, I've almost finished."

"Great, me too. We're well on schedule. In fact, we've clearly done better than I thought."

"For once..." laughed the blond boy.

They suddenly heard the front door slam, and Jimin saw his friend's eyes light up.

Okay, it's dead. He's completely crazy about his Daddy... Jimin thought, rolling his eyes.

The two teenagers got up and both went downstairs to meet Taehyung. And Jimin had to admit that he understood his best friend's crush: a tall, broad-backed, well-built man with tanned skin, which gave him a distinctly sexy side, and medium-length, slightly curly black hair, pulled back with a little gel. He exuded virility, and when his small black eyes landed on Jungkook, a big smile spread across his lips, making him even more handsome. Wow, in Jimin's eyes, Yoongi was the most handsome, but clearly... this one was a worthy rival!

"Daddy!" Exclaimed Jungkook, throwing himself into his arms.

Taehyung welcomed him with great pleasure, and closed his arms firmly around his waist.

"Did you have a good day, kitten?" he asked affectionately, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Mm." He nodded.

It was only when they parted that Taehyung noticed Jimin's presence, and a flash of panic passed through his eyes. Nothing could be more normal: he'd clearly just called his wife's son 'kitten', and he called him Daddy in return. He knew he couldn't go to prison for that, but if he was reported, the consequences could still be terrible... Jimin seemed to notice, as he raised his hands in the air and gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Don't worry, I already know. I'm cool."

Taehyung relaxed a little and turned back to Jungkook.

"Are you going to introduce us, kitten?"

"Yes! Taehyung, this is Jimin, my best friend! Chim, this is Taehyung!"

The two shook hands.

"You've been working on your presentation, haven't you?" Taehyung asked, putting down his briefcase in a corner of the living room.

"Yes, we're nearly finished." Jimin replied, looking at his best friend mockingly, because he couldn't take his eyes off Taehyung.

The thirty-year-old glanced at his watch.

"You must be hungry. I don't really feel like cooking, would you like to go to a restaurant? I'll treat you, Jimin."

"I'd love to!"

"Great. Go and get ready, we'll leave as soon as you two are ready."

***

Taehyung drove them downtown in his black Bugatti, which cost more than both their lives. They didn't think that one day they would have the opportunity to ride in such a machine, Jimin was so excited. At first a little shy, now he couldn't stop asking Taehyung questions about the car and his work, to which Taehyung was happy to answer, with a relaxed attitude. Jungkook quickly joined in the conversation, cracking a few jokes that earned him a few slaps from his best friend.

They finally arrived not far from a chic district of Seoul, close to a shopping centre. They were about to go out, but Taehyung's phone started ringing, stopping them in their tracks.

"Wait for me outside, I'll be there in a minute." he said, picking up the phone.

The two friends complied, and started chatting a few steps from the car.

"Wow, guys, look at these wild faggots! It's really rare these days!" Exclaimed a mocking voice behind their backs.

The two turned around to come face to face with Minhyu and his gang, the only guys in their school who couldn't bear the sight of homosexuals. They already had to put up with his mockery at school, but now it had to happen outside too.

"Oh leave us alone, Minhyu." Jimin dismissed him with a wave of his hand.

"As if two faggots like you could tell me what to do. You're mistakes of nature, you're shit in front of me."

All the two friends wanted to do was pin him to the ground and beat him up. Especially as his friends laughed at the slightest derogatory remark.

But Taehyung suddenly got out of his Bugatti and called out to the two teenagers.

"I've finished, guys. We can go now."

He joined them, to the astonished looks of Minhyu and his clique. Noticing that they were watching him, Taehyung turned to them, frowning.

"Friends of yours?"

Jimin shook his head.

"Quite the opposite."

This answer didn't seem to satisfy Taehyung, but he didn't have time to ask for more as Jungkook caught his attention as he grabbed his arm.

"Taehyung, don't mind them, I'm hungry..." Whined the younger.

Taehyung set his eyes on the boy, looking at him kindly. He wasn't stupid; without hearing them, he'd seen from the car how Minhyu seemed to be making fun of the two friends, and he didn't like it at all. He didn't like the idea of someone mocking his baby. He wasn't going to pick a fight with kids, but he could always look down on them.

"I've booked a table at Mo's, if that's fine with you." he offered.

Jimin's eyes widened.

"Mo's, really?! I've heard that you have to book more than a month in advance!"

Taehyung smiled.

"I'm an exception. Shall we get going?"

"Yes!"

They took one last look at Minhyu, who was both stunned and ashamed, totally humiliated by those he called 'inferior to him', then slipped away, sticking out their tongues at him.