- Twenty-eighth -

Descending the hotel's grand exterior staircase, Taehyung and Mrs Lee were discussing the day's schedule, the woman handling a tablet to the CEO.

"First you have a meeting with representatives from Celine and Louis Vuitton to set up their shops in the shopping centre. I've received a lot of proposals from other brands, which I've yet to process, but you'll certainly have to meet their representatives too. I've made a selection of a number of food stalls to scatter around the complex, and I'd like you to have a look at that list as soon as you have time."

Taehyung nodded, handing back the tablet after getting a glimpse of his schedule.

"I want a preselection list for the others brand rapidly, I'd like to have a list to give to Jeon in two days at the most, so we can discuss it. I still don't know exactly what the main idea of this shopping centre is going to be, so I need to have something concrete before I present myself to him."

"I understand, sir. It'll be done."

"Good."

They didn't waste any time and got into Taehyung's private car, which he opened like a good gentleman to help her in. He then sat down on the driver's side and started off, heading straight for the Kim Corporation, unaware that a pair of eyes were watching them in a corner of the street.

***

Soyoon rushed into the dilapidated building, paying no attention to the rather dubious appearance of the place. She didn't really care, all she was interested in was the phone call she'd received just under an hour earlier, telling her that the detective she'd hired had something new, and that she was going to like it. She didn't know if she really would, but she wanted to know the truth. She was prepared to do anything to find out.

She opened the office door without knocking and came face to face with a man in his fifties, slumped over in the poor chair at his desk, which didn't seem far from giving way under the old man's weight.

"So, do you got it?" she asked him coldly.

"Good morning to you too, Mrs Jeon."

"Mrs Kim." she corrected.

The man laughed.

"Not in public, Mrs..."

Soyoon gritted her teeth. She wanted to reply, but deep down she knew he wasn't wrong: Taehyung hadn't made any public announcement, in the eyes of society she didn't exist. Or at least, Mrs Kim didn't exist. She'd spoken to him about it on several occasions, but he'd always refused, telling her that his private life was his business. Until now she hadn't understood his reaction, but she suspected she would soon find out.

"Don't waste my time." she simply replied. "Do you have my proof, yes or no?"

The man took a photo out of his pocket and handed it to her. She grabbed it quickly and analysed it, her face gradually decomposing. In the photo was Taehyung, leaving a hotel accompanied by a woman Soyoon knew very well: Lee Mina, her husband's secretary. Ah, he hadn't looked very far, he'd decided to fuck his assistant.

"I'm going to break that bitch."

***

Mina huffed and sat down at her desk, taking advantage of the privacy she had to take off her shoes and massage her feet. Despite advice from her husband, and even her boss, to wear comfortable shoes at work, she stubbornly wore heels to maintain a certain image. She knew it was ridiculous, that she had nothing to prove to anyone, but she couldn't help it. Mina doubted herself enormously, her self-confidence being extremely low, so she did everything she could to look as feminine as possible. It reassured her a little.