- Thirt-first -

They arrived just over three hours later, under a blazing sun. It was sweltering hot, and Taehyung inwardly congratulated himself on having had his air-conditioning fixed before the trip.

When he got out of the car, he discovered a pretty stoned house, huge and old, surrounded by gravel and rose bushes. He suspected that the garden was at the back, but he had to admit that the place was already sublime. He expected nothing less from the Jeons. Jungkook was already familiar with the house, so he observed it with great disinterest: objectively speaking, he had few fond memories of it. Soyoon, for her part, didn't even linger to contemplate it: without even wondering whether the two boys needed her to help, she walked up to the front door and entered without turning around. Taehyung sighed at her behavior, while the teenager grabbed two suitcases from the trunk and carried them to the stoop, unable to roll them onto the gravel. It was a perilous task, especially as the woman hadn't skimped on quantity: three bags for just under a week. They both gritted their teeth as they carried them.

Mr Jeon soon came to their rescue, greeting them cheerfully.

"Ah, here you are!" he exclaimed, taking one of the bags from Jungkook. "How was the trip?"

"It was a bit crowded on the road, but that's to be expected on a vacation." Taehyung smiled.

The three of them returned, and the thirty-something was certainly not disappointed by the interior, which was just as charming as the outside. The ceiling was immense, their voices echoing through the rooms, and old Jeon took them upstairs, to show them to their rooms. Taehyung could feel the awkward moment coming, and it didn't fail.

"We've got enough rooms for everyone, but I still wanted to know if you and Soyoon slept together..." Asked the old man, unsure.

Taehyung could see the man's discomfort, but he certainly wasn't going to lie to please him.

"No, we sleep separately." he replied simply.

"Oh, I see..." Jeon swallowed, under Jungkook's amused gaze.

He showed them to their rooms, and when they were settled in, the three of them went downstairs to the dining room, where Soyoon and her mother were already chatting. Mrs Jeon gave Taehyung a falsely friendly salute, not really appreciating the man's neglect of her princess, and ignored Jungkook completely, to no great surprise. In fact, the two women were the real problem. Mr Jeon had never really cared for Jungkook, but he'd never done him any harm either, especially since when he'd found out he'd left his uncle to live independently, he'd managed to send him a bit of money every month. Deep down, Jungkook suspected that the old man felt a little guilty about his daughter's behavior.

"Would you like a drink?" Jeon offered, noting with bitterness that the two women had helped themselves without thinking of the others.

"Oh, a beer please." replied Taehyung.

The old man turned to Jungkook.

"Ah, me too..."

He nodded happily and disappeared into the kitchen as the two men sat down to eat. He returned a few minutes later and they started chatting, including Jungkook. All was going rather well, when the front door suddenly slammed, shaking the whole house and startling the little family. They all turned, coming face to face with a man of no more than thirty, with brown hair and full lips. He stood proudly in the middle of the room, arms raised and eyes full of defiance.

"Shut up and step aside, you beggars, the queen has arrived!" he exclaimed, stepping forward regally.

Taehyung could only widen his eyes at the newcomer, and given the reaction of the others, he wasn't the only one astonished.

"What the hell is that weirdo doing here?" Mumbled Soyoon.

"Uncle!" Jungkook exclaimed as he caught sight of him.

Under Taehyung's incredulous gaze, the teenager stood up and rushed into the man's arms, which immediately closed around him.

"Yah, I missed you too, sweetheart!" exclaimed the stranger, laughing.

They were soon joined by another man, calmer and more reserved, whose smile brought out his small dimples.

"Darling," he addressed the stranger, "if you squeeze him that hard, you'll end up suffocating him."

"Ah, shit!"

He let go immediately, and Jungkook couldn't help laughing.

"You came too, Joon." Jungkook smiled, addressing the man with the dimples.

"Of course, we really missed you, you know..."

Jeon took advantage of the reunion to turn to Taehyung.

"The one who just screamed like a diva is our second child, Seokjin. And this is his husband, Namjoon."

Taehyung nodded.

"Oh, I didn't know your son was married to a man." Taehyung confessed.

"Why, is that a problem?" Seokjin instantly protested.

"Of course, it's disgusting and you know it, you mistake of nature!" Soyoon replied without giving her husband a chance to speak. "Taehyung, don't bother talking to him, he's not worth it."

Taehyung sat back in his chair and clicked his tongue against his cheek.

"No, on the contrary, I'm bisexual myself, so I have no problem with it." confessed the CEO. "I just think it's a shame we didn't meet sooner, because in my circle, I rarely get to meet people like me."

Soyoon frowned at this revelation, while a satisfied smile played across her brother's lips.

"Ahah, I'm glad to see it's not all idiots here! I like you, you can call me Jin!"

"I'd love to."

The two newcomers sat down beside Taehyung, and Jungkook happily took his place. He didn't know his two uncles were coming. He hadn't been able to see them for several months, especially as Jin's eccentric character clearly didn't meet with unanimous approval in the family. Jin put an arm around Jungkook's shoulders.

"We haven't seen each other for ages, so you're going to have to tell me a bit about what's been going on! Is Jimin all right? Ah, I miss that idiot too! You know, the house has been really empty since you left!"

Jungkook smiles at the remark.

"I miss you too, but Taehyung's taking good care of me, so you've got nothing to worry about, uncle."

This remark surprised Jin, who immediately turned to Taehyung. When he'd heard that his nephew was going to live with his mother again, he'd openly panicked. He was sure it would go badly, especially with her new husband, who would certainly be a strong ally for Soyoon. But to his surprise, it seemed to be the opposite. That reassured him.

"You intrigue me more and more, my dear Taehyung."

Jungkook couldn't suppress another smile. Finally, this vacation shouldgo well.