- Twenty-first -

Jungkook couldn't believe his eyes. Taehyung was really standing there, in front of him, the only wall between him and his attackers. But he wasn't looking at him, his eyes fixed on the man who'd been strangling him just a few seconds earlier.

"Who the fuck are you?! What do you want?!" the stranger shouted.

Taehyung remained calm, but Jungkook and Jimin could see the anger boiling inside him. It was just the calm before the storm.

Once again, Taehyung ignored the man and turned to the teenagers.

"Is everything all right?" he asked.

Jimin nodded, but Jungkook didn't respond, completely frozen in place. Several emotions were clashing inside him, and the alcohol wasn't helping.

"Jungkook, I asked you a question." said the thirty-year-old in a deep, authoritative voice.

No matter what state he was in, he couldn't resist Taehyung when he talked to him like that.

"Yes..." he breathed in a small voice.

Taehyung seemed satisfied.

"Good. Go outside and wait for me in front of the car. I'll be there in two minutes."

The two friends hesitated at first, but seeing Taehyung's dark look, they swallowed and quickly slipped out, their heads bowed. The three thugs tried to hold them back, but Taehyung coldly stopped them.

"Don't even think of laying a finger on them." he threatened.

Jungkook gave him one last look over his shoulder. He'd never seen Taehyung so angry, and honestly he didn't think it was possible. He'd seen him irritated on several occasions, but this was a whole new level. It was almost... terrifying.

The thirty-year-old waited until they were safe before turning his attention back to the attackers. And it just so happened that they were also ready to do battle. Perfect, Taehyung had some anger to vent. He turned to the barman, who was watching them anxiously, and reached into his pocket to hand him the equivalent of two hundred dollars.

"Put this in your pocket and give us five minutes."

The employee didn't have long to think: he grabbed the money and left the counter like a flash. However, the man who had attacked Jungkook a few minutes earlier had taken advantage of this inattention to pounce on Taehyung, an empty bottle in his hand.

But it didn't take much effort for Taehyung to avoid him. He grabbed his attacker by the skull and smashed his face against the counter. He heard a 'crack', probably a broken nose, and a trail of blood spread across the white marble.

"A word of advice, you little shit: don't touch my baby again. Or next time I'll do a lot more than break your nose."

But he didn't let go. He straightened the man up, still holding him firmly by the hair, and slammed his head against the counter again. He did this several times, under the horrified gazes of his two friends, who scurried away, tails between their legs, after the third blow. When he saw that the idiot had lost consciousness, he let him fall to the floor and took a handkerchief out of his pocket, nonchalantly wiping his hands. He took two deep breaths, and when he had finally calmed down, headed for the exit.

There he found the two boys, shaking like leaves. He stopped in front of Jungkook, who didn't dare look him in the eye, and grabbed his chin to force him to meet his gaze.

"We'll drop your friend off at his place and head home. You and I need to talk."

***

The journey passed in dead silence. No one dared speak, and Jimin slipped away as quickly as possible with a quick 'thank you'. Things didn't get any better when Taehyung and Jungkook found themselves alone, and as soon as they reached the house, the teenager rushed to his room, without giving the man another glance. He was angry with him. He knew he shouldn't, that it wasn't his place, but he was angry at the idea that he'd slept with his mother. So he preferred to ignore him.