- Ninth -

Sitting on the bench in the main hall, Jungkook scanned the place with a disinterested look. The ceremony was about to begin, and he must be the only one here who wasn't the least bit excited about the event. In fact, he was even more upset than he had been when his mother had told him about the wedding. Honestly, he didn't think he would find Taehyung here. He didn't think this man would be Taehyung. He imagined a rather normal-looking forty-something with lots of money, just like his mother liked them. More than a companion, she wanted a puppet. At least, that was how he saw her, it wasn't as if he really knew her, given the short time they had spent together. But Taehyung was anything but. Argh, it pissed him off to know that his mother had found such a man. He was almost jealous.

Suddenly, the door to the great hall opened, drawing all eyes to the woman who had just revealed herself. Jungkook was no exception. And he had to admit, she was beautiful, with her long white dress, which sculpted all her forms to perfection, her wasp waist being her most beautiful asset. She was beautiful with her long train, which did not hide the large opening in her back, which went down to her kidneys, revealing a trail of moles and milky skin. She was beautiful with her long black hair done up in a neat bun, studded with little diamonds that made it look like a shower of glitter had fallen on her a few minutes earlier. And above all, she was beautiful because she looked happy, which Jungkook was not. But she didn't care about that. That's what hurt him the most.

He watched her walk towards the altar, where Taehyung was waiting for her, his back straight. When she reached him, he offered her a hand, which she gladly accepted, and he helped her to his side. She smiled at him with all her teeth, a smile he returned shyly. And that's when Jungkook realized.

He's forcing himself. His smile... is completely fake.

She probably hadn't noticed. But Jungkook, for his part, couldn't miss it. He couldn't, because he knew his real smile. He had something to compare it to. When they had shared that intimate moment, when Jungkook had given himself to him, when they had made love, Taehyung had smiled. When he rode him home, and Jungkook revealed his name, Taehyung smiled. And boy, was his smile absolutely beautiful! It would have melted anyone's heart. But right now, he wasn't smiling with his heart. The thought of it made Jungkook chuckle mockingly.

I won, Mom.

***

When the ceremony was over, all the guests were redirected to the reception hall and seated at their assigned tables. And to his great misfortune, Jungkook found himself at the same table as his grandparents, his mother... and Taehyung. And it could hardly have been more embarrassing for Jungkook. Naturally, his mother had not spoken to him the entire meal, ignoring him completely. His grandmother had done the same, so only Taehyung had tried to make conversation with him, despite the awkwardness between the two men, and they had been quickly joined by Mr. Jeon. It was only after the meal was over that Soyoon suddenly grabbed her husband's arm, startling him.

"D-do you want something, Soyoon...?" he tried, rather uncomfortably.

"Come dance with me, my love..."

Jungkook looked away and bit his cheek at the nickname. Wow, he still couldn't believe that just a few days ago, this man was fucking him against the wall of a club bathroom. If only she knew...

Taehyung leaned in, trying to speak as quietly as possible so that only Soyoon could hear him. Unfortunately for him, Jungkook was sitting right next to his mother, so their brief conversation didn't escape him.

"I've told you a thousand times to stop with 'my love', you know I hate nicknames..."

The thought stung her to the core.

"But it's our wedding day, you could at least..."

"And I don't like dancing." He answered this time so that everyone could hear him. "But you go with your parents, I'll watch you from here."

She wanted to protest, but she knew it wouldn't help, in the few weeks she knew him, she'd learned one thing: once Taehyung had decided on something, it was impossible to change his mind. So she resigned herself and asked her parents to go with her, which they gladly accepted. Jungkook almost laughed, but held back.

He was very happy to dance with me the other night. And as for the nicknames, I think he loved mine...

Jungkook and Taehyung soon found themselves alone at their table.

"I didn't expect to find you here." Taehyung said suddenly, without taking his eyes off the dance floor.

"That makes two of us." Jungkook replied, watching his mother try to dance in that dress that was a little too tight for her.

A new silence fell, but Jungkook quickly filled it.

"Ahah, it's funny when you think about it. You cheated on my mother with her own son. Hilarious." The teenager couldn't help but laugh.

Taehyung bit his cheek.

"I didn't cheat on her."

"You kissed and fucked me. If that's not cheating..."

Taehyung sighed.

"I didn't cheat on her, because she and I weren't in a relationship at the time."

Jungkook turned to face him, forcing the thirty-year-old to look into his eyes.

"I had just received the invitation to this wedding, so you do it to whoever you want, but not to me."

"It's an arranged marriage, Jungkook. We're only together on paper."

The boy sat back down, looking away.

"But it looks real to her." he remarked.

"And it doesn't really seem to affect you particularly. All along you've been talking about cheating on her, but you haven't clearly blamed me."

"That's because I don't care at all. Anyway, your stories don't concern me, it's not like we're going to live under the same roof. You do what you want."

Taehyung frowned, which didn't escape the teenager's notice.

"What?" asked Jungkook.

"What do you mean we're not going to live under the same roof? You and your mother are moving in with me."

Jungkook almost choked. What do you mean he's going to live with them? With Taehyung? Did he even know that he and his mother were living apart? No, from the look of incomprehension in his eyes, he didn't. Should he tell him? Or should he keep it to himself? His mother would certainly be furious when she found out. But on the other hand... she'd be furious, and Jungkook was eager to see that. And then, living under the same roof with the most beautiful man he'd ever met, and a sex god to boot... Jungkook couldn't contain a chuckle.

That sounds promising.