- Twenty-fifth -

"Come on, it's time for a little break!" exclaimed Taehyung as he moved away from his desk.

Today he had decided to work from home, as he had no meetings, only files to check and put in order. And this kind of work was often more exhausting than meetings, so he preferred to do it quietly at home.

He left the small bedroom, closing it behind him, and walked slowly downstairs to the kitchen. He quickly put the kettle on and then leaned against the counter, savouring the silence that enveloped the house. Jungkook was at school, although he wouldn't be long now as he wasn't working today, and Soyoon still hadn't returned. Taehyung had wondered whether he should take the first step and talk to her. But after thinking about it, he felt he had no reason to apologise. In any case, he wouldn't until Soyoon did it first. It wasn't childish behaviour on his part, it was just common sense: after all, she had thrown her own son out of the house. It was absolutely unacceptable, and the fact that she didn't even realise her mistake...

The light on the kettle flickered, telling him that the water was hot. He poured himself a large mug and placed a green tea bag in it. As he sipped his drink, he walked over to the table and looked at his morning's mail, which he had nonchalantly thrown on the table before going upstairs to get ready.

"Ad, ad, bill..." he mumbled as he went through the envelopes.

Suddenly, one of them caught his eye.

"Here, this is from Jungkook High School..."

At first, he didn't want to touch it, thinking it didn't concern him. But then the boy's family situation came back to mind, and he came to the conclusion that if he didn't take care of his schooling, no one else would. So he opened the envelope and began to study the contents. And to say the least, he wasn't satisfied.

***

When Jungkook returned in the afternoon, he was surprised to find Taehyung in the living room, sitting on the sofa. And as he got closer, he could see that he didn't seem to be in a very good mood. He put his bag down in a corner of the living room and stepped forward shyly.

"Is there a problem...?" he asked in a small voice.

Taehyung remained silent, increasing the teenager's anxiety, and now he didn't dare move. It was only a minute later that the man spoke up.

"Come here, hurry up." he ordered, pointing to his lap.

Normally, Jungkook would have accepted with pleasure. But this time, he felt it was going to be bad for him... He sat down and lowered his eyes, feeling Taehyung's dark gaze on him. The man put one powerful arm around his waist and pointed to a piece of paper with the other.

"I've received your report card, and to say the least, it's bad."

Jungkook swallowed. He could feel the anger in his voice and it broke his heart. He'd disappointed someone again. Now Taehyung wouldn't love him anymore, because he'd finally discovered what a mistake he was. He felt tears welling up in his eyes, but he refused to let them fall.

"I'm s-sorry.." Jungkook managed to articulate.

The thirty-year-old didn't reply, simply keeping his gaze fixed on the boy, who was visibly trembling in his arms. Taehyung didn't like the sight, he couldn't bear to see Jungkook so afraid of him, but he needed to intimidate him a little. After receiving the report card, curiosity drove him to find those from previous years, and he discovered that every time, Jungkook had narrowly passed. At this rate, he was going to compromise his future, and Taehyung refused to let him. Since no one else seemed to care, he was going to take charge of his education himself. And that started with his school results.