- Thirty-eighth -

Sitting on the sofa in the living room, Taehyung waited patiently until Jungkook had finished getting ready to leave. He was scrolling on his phone, not really paying attention to what was going on in front of his eyes. But then his phone suddenly rang, cutting him off. Seeing the contact, the man gave a small smile before picking up.

"Hobi Hyung! How are you? I thought you were on holiday with the kids?"

The man on the other end of the line replied cheerfully.

"Yes! We've gone to the south! Oh Taehyungie if you could see how hot it is!"

Taehyung chuckled slightly.

"I hope there's at least a swimming pool in your hotel?"

"Of course, and we spend most of our time there! The kids love it, it's a shame Mina can't be there..."

The CEO bit his lip at his friend's disappointment.

"I'd really like to give you both time off at the same time, but if you're both away at such a crucial time for the company, we're heading straight for bankruptcy."

"I know, don't worry... Besides, holidays like this, we can have plenty more later! Anyway, that's not why I called you, Taehyungie!"

Taehyung frowned, his expression suddenly more serious. The two men were very good friends, but if Hoseok wasn't calling to check up on him, then they'd probably be talking about something more sensitive. At least he hoped it wouldn't ruin his mood before his date with Jungkook.

"Really? So what did you want to talk to me about?" he asked, a little anxiously.

"I found out where the photo Soyoon showed you the other day came from."

Taehyung's eyes widened and he couldn't suppress the victorious smile on his lips. It had to be said, this event had damaged the CEO's ego. Even if he had been used to a few intrusive paparazzi since the sudden success of his company, he didn't like the idea of being spied on, and certainly not by the woman who loved to tell him all day long that she was his wife.

"Hyung, I told you to do that when you had a bit of free time, not when you're on holiday with your little ones..."

"Ahah, don't worry Taehyungie, it didn't take me long. And Mina was also affected by that photo, so I couldn't just sit back and do nothing..."

"I understand, Hyung."

"So it was taken by a private detective, a small agency, I've never really heard of them. I think she wanted to be discreet when she hired them. But then, they are rather shady..."

"Well, good. You're really the best, Hyung."

"I know, I know... I'll send you the address."

"Thanks, I'll pay them a visit as soon as I can. I won't keep you any longer, Hobi Hyung."

"Okay, see you Taehyungie!"

"Enjoy!"

They hung up, and at the same time Taehyung heard footsteps on the stairs. He immediately got up from the sofa, put his mobile phone in his back pocket and rushed into the hall. He froze as he caught sight of the beauty gracefully descending the stairs, head bowed and cheeks flushed with embarrassment as he realised that the thirty-year-old was staring at him with his mouth wide open. Jungkook was wearing a slightly see-through white blouse with frills, with wide black trousers that moulded perfectly his small buttocks. He made it big, having applied a little gloss to his lips, making them even more appetising to Taehyung, and his big doe eyes were enhanced by a touch of mascara.

They stared at each other for a moment, saying nothing, and seeing that the man was staring at him for a long time, Jungkook felt his cheeks redden as the seconds passed.

"D-Daddy, say something..." he scolded him, embarrassed.

Taehyung ended his contemplation, coming back to reality, and naturally placed his hands on the boy's waist, squeezing it as he licked his lips.

"You're beautiful, kitten... So, so beautiful..."

Jungkook blushed even more.

"T-Thank you, you too..."

Taehyung wasn't lying when he said he found him gorgeous. He'd never seen anyone as gorgeous as Jungkook. Even Soyoon, who had spent hours getting ready for her wedding and who was, no-one could deny, ravishing that day, was no match for him. Jungkook was simply on a completely different level of beauty.

Taehyung watched him for a while, showering him with compliments that embarrassed the teenager even more, before finally placing a long kiss on his lips.

"Shall we go?" suggested the thirty-year-old.

Jungkook nodded, and the two of them walked out, hand in hand.

***

When Taehyung stopped the car, he hurried out first, opening the door for his partner, who blushed at his gallantry. He had already behaved like this when they had gone to the hotel, and Jungkook had to admit that he didn't really know how to react. No one had ever done that for him. No one had ever made him feel like the most precious person in the world. Taehyung was the first, and his heart squeezed a little at the thought.

Because at the end of the day, he wasn't his. This man belonged to someone else, and he knew that their relationship would go no further. And every day, he tried to kill that glimmer of hope that found its way into his heart. Because he knew it was futile.

He quickly dismissed these negative thoughts with a wave of his hand, before grabbing the one Taehyung was holding out to him. He extricated himself from the car and immediately landed in Taehyung's arms, who pressed him a little closer to his chest.

"I know I'm repeating myself, but you really are sublime. Not just tonight, you're always breathtaking." the CEO whispered in his ear.

Jungkook immediately buried his face in the back of his neck, red with embarrassment.

"Don't say that..."

... You're going to give me hope.

Taehyung smiled at the teenager's behaviour and reached out to take hold of his chin, capturing his lips between his own. He kissed him languorously, unable to get enough of the softness of those full lips, which had mingled with the sweet scent of lip gloss. They parted after a good minute, smiling like children.

"We should go, kitten."

"Hmm."

By mutual agreement, they entered the restaurant, paying no attention to the pair of eyes that had just captured their little session.